Senior Project

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ForeverFaithful, Apr 4, 2011.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am Karen's daughter, Meghan, and she said I could post on here. I am working on my senior project. I am working with the JCAPL. I am trying to get everything together to do or participate in an event for my project. What I am asking is if anyone would like to donate any items for some raffles or prizes for some games for kids. These can come from an individual or a business. The workshop at my high school is building me a dog house, which me and a friend are going to paint and raffle off. Also, Amy at Doggie Dooz said I could use her shop as a drop off point for puppy food or kitten food. I was informed by my mentor that they have plenty of dog food and cat food, but always seem to run short on puppy and kitten food. They really need the food for the small ones. Also, if anyone has any old blankets they would like to donate for them, that would be good too. We are shooting to participate in an event that is happening in Smithfield on April 16th. Also, if you want to donate money, that is ok too, for it will be given to the JCAPL for whatever they may need for the animals. Mom said that she could meet people to pick up any donations or anything if they want. You can just send her a a message, she said. Mom said she would keep everyone informed as to what is going on and when (for sure) and where this will be. I am hoping to help get some of the animals adopted too.

If you can or want to help, thank you.

Meghan

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Meghan,
    Great project, I would love to contribute. Where is 'Doggie Dooz' and what are their hours?

Do you have a location, times etc. for the Smithfield event yet?

Peace!

3. ForeverFaithful

This is FF....Doggie Dooz is right behind 4Oaks Bank in Clayton, which I believe is 1st street. Open 7 to 5 Tuesday thru Friday.

As soon as we get the rest of the information from her mentor, we will pass it along.

I did tell her that if any body had any other donations that at this time, I can meet people somewhere and pick them up. Meghan is real excited about her project. She love animals, of course we have 3 dogs, and hates hearing or seeing them abused or abandoned.

4. ForeverFaithful

Hi. It's Meghan again. Here is the information about the event that I will be participating in for my Senior Project which includes helping the JCAPL.

Date: April 16, 2011
    Time: 12:00 to 5:30 pm
    Where: The Smithfield Recreation and Aquatic Center
    600 East Booker Dairy Road
    Smithfield

One of the things I know I will be doing is raffeling off a Doghouse that was built for my by the shop class.

Still looking for any donations for prizes/raffles (can be anything) and Doggie Dooz is accepting Puppy and Kitten food, and maybe old blankets etc. The JCAPL really needs the food for the puppies and kittens. The money for the raffle will go to the JCAPL, along with any other cash donations. If you are a business, you can donate things too. My mom said she can pick up things/donations for the event.

Please help me make my Senior Project a success. I really want to do something good for the animals.

Thank you very much,
    Meghan