Severe Weather Prepardness Week Mar 5-11

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by certdude, Feb 17, 2017.

1. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

National Weather Service @ Raleigh (NWS RAH) has announced that March 5-11 will be this year's Severe Weather Preparedness Week.

Some important activities:
    • Skywarn Training sponsored by Cary Cert Cary Senior Center located at 120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513 Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 7 PM This is open to the public. Skywarn is a volunteer organization of trained spotters to report severe weather. We always need volunteers of any age in all locations. There is no requirements other than a willingness to participate, and to take this 2 hr class.

I dont know that Clayton Cert (Im a member of both) will be offering this. I know there is another class in April in Fuquay. If you are interested in a class in Clayton, let me know and Ill be glad to try to organize one. NWS likes at least 20-30 people to attend.

• Statewide Tornado Drill Wednesday March 8 @ 930am Wherever you are school work home; stop and practice your tornado plan. Dont have one? Plan one today. Seek a place of shelter away from windows, ideally on the lowest floor of the structure.

Questions? Feel free to PM me (Im a Skywarn Spotter) or review information at weather.gov/rah/2017ncswpw

2. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Bump on this, as the State Tornado Drill is TODAY at 930am.

If anyone is wanting skywarn training, just a reminder its tomorrow. Feel free to msg me if you want more information on it.