Shame on everyone involved.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ginger1989, Jul 10, 2012.

1. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I went to the WalMart, 40/42 (for the very last time, I might add-ANY of them for that matter). I come out from doing my shopping and put the groceries in my car and as I am getting into my car, I notice the car next to me has a dog in it. I know it is cooler, and yes, the windows and sun roof were cracked about 2 inches each BUT it is still easily over 90+ degrees inside that car. A YELLOW MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE. I call inside the store to ask them to make an announcement that they better come and get the dog as I was calling animal control (well it was between 12 and 1 and they are at lunch-they would get back to me as soon as they could-the message said) and/or the sheriff. 10 min go by and I am tortured watching this dog pant. Call inside the store again and am told the the manager wouldn't let her make an announcement. Ask to speak to such manager: well she is way too busy to talk to me. I am put on hold. lady comes out and I told her I had called the Sheriff and she looks at me like I am crazy. Of course she is pulling away as the sheriff (actually 3 of them :shock:). They say they can't do anything b/c they didn't actually see it.
    Shame on the woman for leaving her dog in the car.
    Shame on Walmart for not helping.
    I am so disheartened that no one seems to care about anyone or anything.
    I pray that if it had been a child that something would have been done (certainly I would have broken a window right there and then for a child). I bet I would have been arrested if I had broken into the car to save an animal.
    :cry:

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I would have acted the same as you! It happened to me at Lowes last year,everyone acted like it wasn't really a big deal since it was just a dog and not a child,which to me doesn't make a difference. That particular Walmart has got to be about the absolute last when it comes to customer service.
    I understand why people want to bring there pets along,I do it myself since we're going to the park after,however I go really early in the morning and if I have to run into the store I make sure it doesn't take more than 10 minutes at the most and I park in the shade over by the garden center with the windows just about all the way down,I would never take mine on a day like today!

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

So, you finally found some reason to not shop at Wal*Mart.

Congratulations. One less person I have to stand in line behind.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

If I didn't know any better I'd say you must be the manager.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I would have taken pictures with my phone, maybe that would have helped document it. That is BS and I have no idea why people think it's appropriate to drag dogs with them everywhere in this heat. Kids and animals DIE all to frequently because people are stupid. SMH

6. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

:iagree:

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I doubt if you know anything at all.

8. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

:iagree: AND, then you have to worry about, (in my case anyway), if ya did leave all the windows down, them jumping out!!! Yeah my Jack Russell would be GONE, man.. That dog will jump from anything! I heard they are bad about that! So why take them at all??? I could never do that to my "wittle puppy wuppy".... me wuvs him vewy vewy vewy much!

9. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

How do you know how long the dog was in there? It could have been a quick run in! Did you arrive walk by and make the call or take the time to monitor the stiuation and make sure there was a real reason for your drama??It is one thing if you have knowledge of how long the pet has been in there.

I was outside a store once and saw a lady pull up with a dog, she left the window open enough that someone could reach in and the dog could get air. (It was a small dog) She walked in the store and 45 seconds some busy-body pulls up and see the dog in the car, reaches in the car and take it with her in the store. Less than a minute later the lady comes out an finds her dog gone. She was out of her mind. I let her know the other lady took him. She ran in the store and found the lady and her dog with the store manager. She was ****ed! I don't blame her...I told her to call the cops and press charges on the lady. She didn't but I would have.

You better know all the facts before you start messing with someone elses property or you might not like what you get!:banghead:

10. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Sorry, but in this heat, it doesn't take long for the temperature to rise 10 to 15 degrees inside a barely vented vehicle, making it deadly. I disagree with you. There are laws against this!

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Reading fail. She said she waited by the car for 10 minutes. In 10 minutes the dog (or kid) could have brain damage.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And how often does a "quick" trip into Walmart ending up taking WAY longer than you think it will? I'm not risking it. My dog stays at home in this kind of weather. It's just stupid and I would absolutely call you out on it to IRL. You can bet your butt on that.

13. Suzie Q

No the reading fail is on your part...When she began her drama with the store she did not know how long it had been in there! Try again. She should have made sure there was a real situation before the first complaint then and only then is it justified.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You think 10 minutes is a quick trip? She waited by the car for 10 minutes before the lady came out. Who knows how long she was in there before.

There is NO excuse for leaving your pet in the car in the summer. NONE.

I'm thinking you or one of your friends was the highly careless pet owner.

Here is an idea of how fast a car can heat up on a 95 degree day provided by the Clayton PD. Thankfully today was not that bad.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150941186209065.405472.119293399064&type=3

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I love my furrybabies enough to LEAVE THEM AT HOME! Kills me...people are idiots.

16. Suzie Q

Fail again. Read it again and this time slowly. She rasied a stink before knowing the situation. Should have waited a few minutes to see what was going on and if the owner did not come back then bring the drama.

I own a cat that does not leave the house and I would not be caught dead with a friend driving a Yellow car.

I'm just someone who can't stand self- righteous overzealous pet owners!!

PS just because you like you animal and trust it does not mean the rest of us do. Keep it on a leash and out of my personal space or if it gets too close you might not like what happens!

17. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Let me just add that I've only took mine with me when the morning temps were still a lot lower than they are now,I would not do it now either!!

18. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

No, reading fail on your part. Get some new eyeglasses. You missed something.

The dog was already PANTING.

Are you the assistant manager at Wally World?

19. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

20. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Just to protect yourself from getting in trouble for smashing the windows... first, call 911. then call the local police and animal control. take picture of the dog inside the car, and the license plate. if law enforcement doesn't respond and you notice the dog is unresponsive, then you might be able to legally break into the car. Also, always make sure to call Animal Control and/or the cops!!! these people need to be charged or at least given a warning or fine for this. it's illegal just about everywhere.