Shame on you!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kevinsmithii, Jul 28, 2012.

1. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

If you bring a dog into a resturant. Shame on you. I dog care how small the dog or how informal the eatery, animals have no place in a public dining atsmophere.

2. kevinsmithii

If you can't get off the phone when in line to order your food . Shame on you!! If you must be on the phone then get out of line and let me go thru.

3. kevinsmithii

More to come in the next few days.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Service Animals?

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Animals have no place in any public facility unless it's Petsmart, IMO. I am constantly amazed at the businesses that are allowing people to bring their dogs in. We were in Costco today and there was a guy wheeling around 3 chihuauas in a stroller. There is no excuse for animals being brought in to a facility that sells food for human consumption ...period.

One of my daughters is TERRIFIED of most animals, especially dogs and it's gotten to point where she looks over her shoulder almost anywhere we go. She reacts very irrationally at times to get away from the little critters and I do my best to make sure she doesn't have to be around them. But how can I reassure her when they are being allowed in the places you would least expect it?

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Please do not continue to shelter your child from animals. She will encounter animals for the rest of her life, including services dogs in public places. You really are NOT helping her by keeping her away from animals...I'm not telling you to "throw her to the wolves," but you've got to work with her to ease this fear for her own sake.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I agree with the Pirate, I can just picture this child getting on a plane one day and the person next to her has her dog with her.

By the way they serve food on planes also.

Oh my goodness, evil dogs and food all in one small confined tube!

8. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

PG...she's not "sheltered' from animals by any means; trust me , the evil kid next door is constantly trying to shove one of her MANY critters in her face. And, last year, I tried introducing a puppy into our home. On two different occasions, she bolted out of our yard and into the street (without looking) just to get away from the dog and would never come outside unless she knew the dog was put away. Just a couple of weeks ago, she almost jumped into the deep end of a pool to get away from a dog. I would love to get her over this fear but I don't know where it comes from and don't know how to help.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Therapy? Seriously, you are doing her no favors by feeding into this phobia.

10. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I can't let my dog around small children anymore because the next door kids were terrified of dogs so when we moved in were always screaming and running away and it makes him nervous and I don't want him snapping at a child, which would be no fault of his own other than that they were sheltered and allowed to have irrational fear which triggered the fear in my dog. It's a two way street. I have a responsibility as a dog owner and I have had to make changes in my and my dog's behavior and I expect that parents have a resposibility to teach their kids the behavior that can upset dogs even more. I know therapy costs time and money, but the internet and bookstore probably have some resources about dealing with the anxiety.

If you contact local animal groups/trainers they would probably be more than happy to help you and/or point you in the right direction. But this is one of those things that is only going to get worse.

We all want happy kids AND happy animals :cheers:

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

How old is this "not-sheltered" daughter? She's gonna have a hard time getting through life being deathly terrified of dogs and "critters", especially living in the country. Maybe you should move to the land of the concrete where there is no wildlife to enjoy, or plants and trees to watch grow. BUT... people will probably still own dogs and other critters and even take them out in public on occasion.

12. kevinsmithii

No I mean pets. Service dogs wil stay on the floor. and generally lay down. in one spot

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Question is..... Do the dogs support gay marriage?

14. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

:lol: I don't care if they do or not, as long as they are not doing it WHERE I SHOP or WHERE I EAT !!!

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

One of the great things about living in the USA is the fact that we can choose to patronize (or not patronize) any particular establishment. If the restaurant you consider dining at serves people you'd rather not associate with (such as dog owners who bring their animals into the restaurant with them) then you can dine elsewhere.

Personally I would tell management why I have decided to go elsewhere. After all, they may not be aware that having diners bring their animals with them puts off diners who would rather not eat with animals.

For what it's worth, I'd rather not dine with animals myself. But its better than dining at a a non clown based restaurant where parents bring their kids and then let them run wild through out the place. There are seat belts on high chairs for a reason, people.

But ultimately it is my choice whether or not to eat there and, should I decide it's not worth it, I'll tell management why I'm going to dine across the street from now on.

16. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

How old is your daughter? My daughter had a bad experience with an unruly dog jumping on her and was terrified after that. I really wanted to have a dog but wanted a happy family also. We went to every greyhound meet and greet that I could find. I really wanted a greyhound and they tend to be more laid back. After several months my daughter was asking when we could get a greyhound of our own. When we went to adopt she went with us and we let her pick the dog she wanted. This worked great for us we have 2 greyhounds and my daughter got a boston terrier rescue for her birthday!! Even if you have a friend that has a well mannered dog maybe introduce them for short periods of time. Good Luck I hope she is able to overcome her fear.

17. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I say the same thing about kids

[​IMG]

18. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

.....TO GO, of course!!! :)

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

+10000000000000

damned rug rats

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Shame on you fat girls who try to dress skinny. Muffin tops are not attractive. Belly shirts are not in either unless you have a jennifer aniston belly!! Tuck it in!!! I want to keep lunch down!