Shelby...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by harleygirl, May 16, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

has a tumor. :cry: At 2:15 yesterday I find out my baby girl has a tumor. She goes in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning to see exactly where it is and to see if surgery can remove it from her. My heart hurts so bad. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I hope they can :(

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

HG, Like I told you this morning. As her Mommy, the only thing you can do for Shelby is get her the best medical care available, and do your best to make sure she isn't in any pain.

I know her age is a factor, what is she, like 15? Trust the Doc, she's wonderful and she won't steer you wrong.

I am here if you need me for anything!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Awe, I'm sorry HG. :(

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sorry to hear that Harley, best wishes though.

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that HG. :(

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Awwwwe HG! My heart goes out to you and your baby girl! :cry:
    Please keep us updated!

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Poor Shelby :cry: So sorry to hear that HG, my heart hurts for you.

9. le

le Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow to ya both. Please be sure to let us know.

P.S. Frogger - how goes the heartworms???

10. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

((((HUGS)))) I hope everything works out!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Any updates yet HG?

12. harleygirl

Her grandma came over and spent the day with us. Must have been mom's country cooking that got her up and acting like her ole self again today. She's doing good today. Ultrasound tomorrow and then we'll know what action to take.

Thanks 4042 ers. <big hugs from HG>

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that HG.... give extra hugs to Shelby from Craig & I... i can only hope that they are able to give you some good prognosis after the ultra-sound. ((((((((((((( HG & Shelby ))))))))))))))))

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Aw, so sorry to hear that HG!!! Keep us all informed ... I'm a "Mom" to my pets, they are my children, my family and my best friends ... so my heart goes out to you. Good luck to Shelby! *hugs*

15. MissyPrissy

HG, any news?

16. harleygirl

Her Tumor is in the area of her left adrenal. She has small kidney stones. The reason why she was acting like she was on Monday is that she (dr seems to think) threw a blood clot and that caused her to act that way. Throwing a blood clot could go to her heart, liver, brain and could kill her. I am going to do everyting I can do get her tumor (cancer) under control and get her levels where they need to be. I have to, I'm her mommy.

Because of where the tumor is, surgery is not an option. They can start Chemo on her, but because of her age and the trauma of that, I certainly don't want to put that on her. I have talked to my nutritionist today and we are getting an herb called Essiac for her to start on tomorrow. This herb has wonderful results in humans and animals tumors. We'll see what it does for Shelby. Hopefully gets the tumor GONE!!!!

That's where we are today...lets keep our fingers crossed that this herb will prolong her life for years and years and years and years and .... well many more years!

I have to tell you guys that Dr. Basden at Cleveland School Animal Hospital is such a wonderful woman. (in the Food Lion Shopping Center @ 4042) Her staff is very friendly and knowledgable about what's going on. They are concerned about the problem at hand instead of pushing shots, flea treatment, heart worm stuff down your throat. I will reccommend them to everyone on the 4042 board and everyone in Johnston, Wake, Harnett ect... County!!! They can be reached at 662-7387. I thank them so much for their help and correct diagnosis of Shelby and the fact that they were straight forward with me and DH.

Please keep Shelby in your thoughs and prayers as we battle this fight.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Harley - poor Shelby - will keep you and your baby in my thoughts and wish her a miraculously quick recovery. i am a firm believer in the power of herbs.

18. MissyPrissy

Oh HG, I'm so sorry to hear that! :( BUT you sound like you are staying positive and that's great! I will keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for her! :)

19. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Aww sorry to hear that HG... :cry: I wish you & Shelby the best!
    Keep us update on how she does.

20. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

{{{{HARLEY & SHELBY}}}}}

:cry: :cry: So very sorry she's going thru this HG. Give her extra rubs and hugs. We'll keep her in our prayers. Hang in there, Mommy!

Frogger