Shoe repair shops?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cosmicvagabond, Jan 14, 2012.

1. cosmicvagabond

cosmicvagabond Well-Known Member

Are there any shoe repair shops in the Clayton, Garner area?

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Oh how I long for the old days when Mr. Carl Clayton operated a shoe repair shop on W. Stallings Street, Clayton. He was the best.

Roy's Saddle Shop & Shoe Repair is pretty good.

234 E Market St
    Smithfield, NC 27577
    919-934-9432

3. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I liked ROY's but it was $$$ to me. (Cowboy boots resoled)

I have also used Lee's Shoes in Garner off US401
    & way back the Shoe Shop Shop in Cameron Village.

There was a guy that worked out to the Red Wing store on S. Wilmington St - Anyone know if he is still there?

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Lee's Shoes & Repairs
    1300 Farm Road, Raleigh, NC 27603-4133
    (919) 772-2564 ‎ leesshoes.com

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:iagree: They have done work for me several times in the past.

6. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

Lee's for sure...great prices!!:iagree:

7. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

i have a pair of shoes that need soles. i googled lee's. one very bad review in september 2011. you could prevent this complaint by paying with a credit card if they accept credit cards. i might try them based on 40/42 recommendations.
    ===================
    I have gone to Lee Shoes on several occasions , but last time their repair fell apart after one day of wearing them. I returned the shoe and expected warranty on their repair, instead they moved on to insist that they had never repaired the shoe and they would not honor the repair. I told them I would pay the repair but they would lose a good customer, to which they replied they don't care. I don't feel I was unreasonable and the rudeness that I received makes me warn you: they do an OK job, but they will not back it up, so if you go hope that they don't make a mistake...or just simply save yourself the hassle and go somewhere else.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...X&oi=local_result&ct=image&sqi=2&ved=0CAgQ_BI

8. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

i checked with lee's and roy's. cost for new soles and heels for a pair of men's dress shoes will run $40-$50. daddy is buying a new pair of shoes!

9. Bubba

Bubba Well-Known Member

Selma Shoe Shop on Main St in Selma, Wilbur Thornton is the owner/shoe repairman. He has been repairing shoes in Selma for the last 45 years and he is very good at it. He also does leather work. Holsters,belts etc.