Shoes for horse riding

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rushlow2004, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Ok, I have a very very strange request here..my daughter is a junior Girl scout and I have set up two horse badges for them to work on, on the 18th they will be riding horses for one of those badges, now I need shoes for her to wear just for that, she can't use tennis shoes. I have looked and looked and I can't find something that she can use after this, that is worth the cost to buy them. I'm on a very tight budget being a single mom and I want her to enjoy this. She may never ride another horse after this, she is not to crazy about this, but she wants to try. So I have a hard time spending the money if she doesn't get on the horse. If anyone, anyone out there has riding shoes/boots that I can borrow for this one day I need a women size 8? She wears a 7 women size tennis shoes, figured I go up a size for this. Any help anyone?
    Pm if you can help me! They don't have to look good or what ever, they just have to work lol
    Sorry this is strange!
    sheri

2. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I taught horseback riding for years. Any shoe that has a heel (so their foot does not slip through), that is not a slip-on, should be fine. You should not need to get riding boots.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Try a hiking type boot, as they would also have a future use.

4. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

boots

I have boots she can borrow. You can reach me at Carolina Crossing Veterinary clinic 919-934-7729. I think its great that she wants to try. My name is Joyce. My daughter is 15 and shows horses on the national level so we have boots alls sizes everywhere. :)

5. rushlow2004

thanks I will give you a call tomorrow(weds), I know where that is! Thanks so much for the offer, this is just wonderful!
    Sheri

6. rushlow2004

I haven't had a chance to call, I'm still interested in the boots..I still haven't found anything yet for a low price..I will try and call you this week...
    Thanks,
    sheri