Shooting star

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Aug 9, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

When I was letting out the puppy early this morning,around 2:30 am I happened to look up and saw a shooting star,haven't seen one of these in a long time!

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Hope you made a wish!!!

And hope it comes true! :)

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think there are some pretty good meteor showers going on for the next week.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

5. AnnetteL

Thanks for letting me know!:)

6. AnnetteL

Thanks!
    I couldn't think of anything else fast enough so I wished for our puppy to be completely potty trained real soon :lol:

7. AnnetteL

Sixty meteors an hour sounds cool,I'll be checking it out ,most likely since I'll be out anyway with the puppy,while she's bug hunting instead of going potty ;)

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I bet it would be really neat - unfortunately I probably won't be up at 4am! :mrgreen:

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

If the sky were darker at night, we'd probably see more. My son's class went to an astronomy event one night a few months ago and we saw a meteorite within about an hour. It was the first I had seen in a long time, too. I wonder if we don't see them as much because the skies are illuminated more than it used to be.

10. AnnetteL

They always say to go to a place that has as little as possible lighting,easier said than done around here,my neighbor has his huge flood light on every night,a bb gone might just come in handy there...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hope they are still active this weekend, we are going to our hometown in VA, and way out where my Grandmother lives, you can actually see the Milky Way. I plan on taking advantage of that. I had forgotten what it was like to see all the stars until we were out one still night last winter. It was breathtaking. :cheers:

12. AnnetteL

I bet that will be wonderful!
    We'll be outside of Murphy this October,I wonder if it is possible to see the Milky Way there as well?