Sick Dog

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MLH, Mar 31, 2011.

1. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I need some advice NOW, tonight! I have a 10 yr old maltese. I called the vet yesterday to see when I could get her in because I knew she was pretty sick and needed to be put to sleep however they didn't take anyone after 3:45 and of course I don't get off work until 4:00. My plans were to take her Sat. but she is really suffering bad.....she can't even stand up, she doesn't even realize you are standing beside her and she is using the bathroom on herself. Is there anything I can do tonight to stop her from suffering?????

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Isn't there an emergency vet clinic in Raleigh? Not sure. Sure hate the thoughts of the poor thing suffering until normal business hours, but she might not even make it to morning the way it sounds.

3. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Clayton animal hospital has an after hours emergency number listed. I've never used it, but I think they could answer your question. My sister-in-law had to take her dog for an emergency visit once, and i think they sent her to apex or Cary. Not sure though.

4. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

The VSH has 2 locations: Raleigh & Cary. I believe they are open 24/7. I am so sorry about your Maltese, it sounds like she needs some immediate help.

North Raleigh
    4640 Paragon Park Rd.
    Raleigh, NC 27616
    919-861-0109
    919-277-0790 Fax

Cary
    6405-100 Tryon Rd.
    Cary, NC 27518
    919-233-4911

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Thanks.....they are open 24hrs. I just called.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

So sorry for what you are going through...:grouphug:

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Plantation Animal Hospital has evening hours a few days a week, including Friday.