Sick of barking dogs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCoREZ, Apr 18, 2012.

1. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

I am so sick and tired of barking dogs in Waverly Point. I have never lived in a neighborhood with more disrespectful dog owners in my life. Some are never home with dogs left outside barking all night. Some bark most of day. other people leave their dogs all weekend and you can't take a breath outside without them barking. Others let there dogs wander around. Sheriff does NOTHING! Even when they come out and witness them barking at night.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Sounds like my neighborhood :x it's beyond my understanding why some people have dogs in the first place!

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Anti-Freeze

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

anti-freeze is not cool. i know you were j/k, but still. at least i'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were j/k...

but you can't hate the dog for being a dog. it will never learn the lesson that barking all day won't produce any different results.

it's the owners. they really give all dog owners a bad name. the irresponsible/apparently deaf ones may be few and far between, but they are the ones who **** people off and can ruin the atmosphere of a very large area, none of which they actually own. selfish, living in their own little fishbowls, completely oblivious to the fact that their actions affect things OUTSIDE whatever existence they've set up for themselves that works for them. i don't care if they eat dog food and wear dog suits all day, as long as they don't impact my ability to relax or have a chat with my mother in the middle of a 4 acre lot...

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

True, but you can't give anti-freeze to the owners either.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well how about when you go out to dinner and there are people there with their kids and infants and they are just whining and crying the entire time they are there. Take your dern kids outside. Some of us are there to enjoy our meals and not hear your kids.

7. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

oh lets include some more in this, how about the cat owners who let their cats rome free that come and sit just out of reach of my dogs so they will bark, or the other dogs that roam and do the same thing.. I have relocated several cats.. and evidently someone else complained enough about one owner he has now put up a fence for their dogs (thank god)...

8. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

put in a remote controlled gate for the dogs, so next time the cat comes around...........no more problem

9. ServerSnapper

I was DB

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Honestly I usually try to avoid those types of restaurants as typically you can get an idea of what the crowd will be like by the food/style of restaurant that it is.

Example would be The Clubhouse vs. Golden Corral. I'd expect that kind of environment at Golden Corral (part of the reason I very very rarely go there)

11. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Or.... the neighbor's cat that roams and sprays under your sunroom making it reak horribly when it rains :evil: Had to pump a lot of lime under there to get rid of the odor. :evil:

12. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Awhile back, I went to visit my son and his family in Florida. They have three children who are my beautiful precious grandchildren. It has always been our practice to go out to eat as we are leaving. This particular trip, the two boys were not misbehaving but they were not sitting there mannerly and quiet as we finished. I waited a minute for either parent to handle this and then in a nice grandma fashion I told them that to those of us at the table they are the cutest smartest kids in the world but I just didn't feel that everyone in the restaurant felt the same about them. It was time to settle it down. Low and behold they did!! They are actually very good to take out in public.

13. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We are thinking maybe a paintball gun so we can keep track of cats when they come over and torment our dogs, who are in our fence where they belong, but bark at the free roaming cats (AND dogs). This way, when a neighbor acts like he doesn't know what we're talking about, we can point to his pet with the purple paint all over him. :) These are usually the same neighbors who cry about finding their pets "sleeping" on the side of the highway. Um...yeah, this will happen. Being a responsible pet owner means keeping your pets safe and healthy.

14. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

see? i knew that.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my dog barks, a lot.

he barks at squirrels. he barks at the UPS man. He barks at the kids when they are outside playing around. He barks when I get home (saying hello). He barks at my husband when he gets home. He barks at strangers when they pull in our driveway. I am glad my dog barks. He is doing what dogs do.

He is contained with an underground fence and stays in the 4 corners of his yard.

He can bark as much as he wants in his yard, and he does.

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Dogs also poop, it's what dogs do, but I don't think you'd be too glad if he pooped on your front door welcome mat.

Dogs chew, it's what they do, but I don't think you'd be glad if he chewed through your new garden hose.

Just because it's "what dogs do" doesn't mean that it's a good thing or something that one shouldn't get upset over.

17. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Johnston County

Sec. 4-12. - Nuisance ordinance enforcement.
    The Animal Services Department is authorized to enforce the provision of chapter 12, Article II of the Johnston County Code of Ordinances with regard to noise made by animals.

(Amend. of 03-01-2010)

18. KellBell

he has chewed up 4 hoses to be exact. who cares? we don't. Hose 2, 3 & 4 was our fault, we left it where he could get it.

my dog. my yard. my hoses.

19. KellBell

that's nice. thanks for posting. good luck with that.

I am laughing, that "Animal Service Department" person might as well move in with us.

:rolleyes:

20. ServerSnapper

I hate cats

I hate cats that crawl on my car and leave paw prints

I hate cats because they are nasty

i hate cats because they stink

i hate cats period

My poem to cat owners and lovers....You are welcome. :neutral: