Siding Repair Needed at My Home

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Green Acres, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres New Member

Hey Clayton!

We just moved into Clayton recently and the home that we purchased needs some rotted Masonite siding replaced with a Hardie type of board and we need it done sooner rather than later. The house also needs a couple of windows reframed and replaced.

We are having a difficult time finding someone that is dependable and affordable.

We could use a couple of great referrals.

Thanks!

2. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

Make sure that whoever you hire to replace Masonite with Hardieplank installs a house wrap behind new siding (as per James Hardie installation requirements). Failure to do this could cause you some major problems down the road with moisture retransferring into the wall. James

Hardie also requires slip flashing (not caulk) behind ALL butt joints and is also a manufacturers requirement.

We had our home completely re-sidied with Hardieplank. We got tired of throwing money out the window by spot replacing only to find out it wasn't done correctly and all of it had to be extracted and replaced.

If you need your whole house done, I know just the company but I don't think they do "spot replacement" unless its whole walls. I found out that a building permit was needed to replace our siding. Out of four companies, only one told us this. Your right, good companies are hard to find. We were finally fortunate this go around!!

Welcome to Clayton! I wish you luck with your project!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  3. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Friends of ours in Clayton and Raleigh have used David Lambeth.
    http://www.lambethcompany.com 919-601-8124
    He is also on facebook and Angie's List. They both had windows replaced, painting and remodeling. And he did Hardie Plank replacement for one of them and both were very pleased with all of the projects he handled for them.