(sigh)......ok folks, a reminder..

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Jul 21, 2011.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:Look, let me help you or help you help others......I go over this once in a while every few months or so but I do it in LOVE:p8)

When you, or someone you know, has an appointment with a professional office, such as an attorney's office or doctor's office or any other type of professional office, it important to remember what you are told on the phone when making your appointment. If you are told that there is information you need to bring, bring it. If you are told that there will be paperwork to fill out, be prepared to do it when you come in. That ALWAYS happens in a doctor's office and yet I hear people gripe about it all the time. Show up a little early to complete it. That helps move your appointment along and can save waiting time for those who just cannot stand to be seen a few minutes late.

Showing your "butt" in the lobby about not having the info you were told to bring when you made the appointment or about having to complete paperwork your were told you had to fill out when you made the appointment, is just insane. It is understood that even though you were asked to bring the info with you, you may not have the info due to unforseen circumstances or other dilemmas or problems. We get it and 9 times out of 10 we can work around it. But the "showing out" in the lobby and making a complete moron of yourself is again....insane. You look stupid.

The paperwork you need to fill out is info we need to know your situation. I work for an attorney. There are others here that do that too or some that work in a medical office or another type of professional office. We do not give "Law 101" class or "medical problems 101" class. Your consultation is about YOUR specific situation, not all the "what ifs" and scenarios that are out there. That's why you fill out paperwork so we can discuss YOUR problem. You don't go to a doctor to discuss an ingrown toe nail when you are having a stomach issue. You don't go see a criminal attorney when you need a real estate transaction done. In that light, it also helps if you do your own research on what type of help you need so you don't go to the wrong place.....(we get this one alot).

Juuuussss sayin....:mrgreen:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

common sense....it's almost extinct.

:mrgreen:

3. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

^^^Agree^^^^

4. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

This happens so often in every professional office! I cringe when they walk into our office (attorney's office) and practically "swear" they weren't supposed to bring anything or better yet -- "can't you get it"???

Thanks for the gentle reminder!

Have a great day!

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Question - do you also send the instructions of what they need to bring to them by mail? Reason I ask is - my DS has an oral surgery appt tomorrow, made it 2 weeks ago. Yesterday they leave a phone message about sedation, what not to eat/drink etc. I personally think they should have already mailed a copy of this and all the forms that need to be filled out by mail, so he/we would've known ahead of time and had these forms ready when we walked in. Also, one thing they did not mention was the fact that these forms are also available on their website, which I found when I looked them up to get directions - so I went ahead and took care of that, but I think they should've mentioned that in their msg.

Just sayin - depending on how far in advance you make the appt, sometimes you forget everything you're told when you make the appt.

6. God'schild

:iagree: with ya! Some places need to be more informative as well! At our firm we set appointments 3 days in advance only.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  7. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

When you scheduled the surgery, why didn't you ask if there were any restrictions prior to it?

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I didn't make the appt, DS did. - just saying that perhaps better communication between both parties would help with the original poster's complaint. Even in the age of technology, snail mail or email (something in writing) is better than just telling someone a list of things needed ....not everyone 'hears' or remembers what you tell them. How many times do u tell a child something and they 'hear' about 1/2 of it. :lol:

9. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

My DD works in a dr's office in Wilson at front desk-she has told me lots of things-some funny, some ridulous, & others just plain rude(such as older gentleman that hawked & spit at registration desk. She also says 50% of people don't even know the name of their drug store-such as "you that place over yonder near ....." If you can give good info, it helps speed things along.

10. God'schild

ooookkkkkaaayyy...............

When going to see a professional about an issue you have with health, finances, legal issues or whatever the case may be, PLEASE do not give the air of thinking you know their job better than they do. :evil: If you did, you would be doing what they are doing and not be in their office to start with. You'd have your own. ;) I do realize that there are some places out there that are "2 bricks shy of a full load" in their practice, but not all that many. It does not matter HOW much research you do before going. The internet can give you just enough knowledge to be dangerous. That right there equates with getting on WebMD.com and self diagnosing yourself because you have some of the symptoms of a problem. If it is legal counsel you seek, please remember that they cannot rewrite the law to fit your situation. More than likely you did not get into most situations overnight, so most won't get fixed overnight.

Thank you. :grouphug: