Small scale logging

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Jan 31, 2015.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anyone local that might be interested in logging a dozen or so 60+ foot tall and straight pines? Really I just want someone to take the logs away, I'd even cut them down. I just don't want to spend any money doing it, nor do I want any money for the logs.

2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

where you at?

3. jesse82nc

40/42 area of course lol. Government and 42 to be more exact.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

You might want to check with Lanny Clifton of Son-Lan. I know he had been going around having his properties timber cut down. He could probably tell you the timber company who cut the trees for him.

5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

The value of pine compared to the cost of picking them up and shipping them makes it tough for small quantities.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

7. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Hey OP, I have 19 pines I want gone as well, more if he wants them! And i'm not far from you so maybe he can make it a two for one deal! since the equipment will be in the area.

But that log pick up just might be the way for some of these trees. Now I can just get em topped off and that'd be cheaper for me. Fell em myself, and have him pick them up. I'll call him this week.

8. jesse82nc

I sent him a message yesterday, if I don't hear back by tomorrow I will give him a call.

It sounds like he picks up logs that are at least 10' long and 10" in diameter, but I will wait for him to respond.

But I will probably end up cutting them down then since he just picks up logs.