Smithfield Radio Station Goes Live

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

102.3 WWPL and 102.5 WPLW (simulcasting) went live today at 5pm with a format aimed at taking on G105.

102.3 operates out of Smithfield, with 102.5 based in Hillsborough. Together, they cover the Raleigh market.

Story on their launch here:

http://radioinsight.com/2010/curtis-media-teases-future-of-raleigh-durham-move-in/#more-23792

The 4042.com story where we covered this in May of 2008:

http://www.4042.com/Local-News/Stories/New-FM-Radio-Station-Planned-for-Johnston-County.html

The new website here:
    http://www.pulse102.com/

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Nice to get all the music without all the yap.

But it is just 630 ... maybe they ain't up yet...

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I am happy to see someone try to bump G105, but that music is just horrible regardless of what radio station it is on.

4. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Nice to have another option but you cant replace Bob and the Showgram!!!

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I LOVE it! I listened to it in the Jeep earlier running errands, came in good and clear. Now I have it on the surround system in the house, and on the radio in the kitchen!

Since I moved here I've been wanting a station like this in the area, one of the things I missed most moving here was my JAM'N 94.5 in Boston.

93.9 Kiss is OK, not enough newer songs though, 97.5 is a little too much in one direction... G105 is too middle of the road... I love all dance music on one station! I like Mix 101 and Oldies 100.7 too, they are both good in their niche when I'm in the mood for them.

Pulse is playing their first 10,000 songs commercial free, they figure its about a months worth.

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree:

7. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

I listened on the way home from work and on Capital Blvd, the station was staticky. I thought it was supposed to cover all of Raleigh?? It didn't even get caught when scanning for it, I had to punch it in. Hopefully their signal will increase so it will cover more area. I liked most of the the music!!

8. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Best wishes for success to 102.3 WWPL and 102.5 WPLW...I quit G105 when Madison left!

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, she was the anchor of sanity and class. That show is just raunchy and tacky now.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Can't honestly tell you the last time I listened to G105. Primarily I listen to Sirius, but on occasion I'll listen to 93.9 and now The Pulse.

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've been listening to them for a while now. I love that station!!!!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

which station:confused:

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

^^^ :lol::lol::lol:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yeah, kinda threw me, they just went on the air Monday:lol::lol::lol::jester: