Snoopy's Hot Dogs coming to 40/42!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jun 21, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Snoopy's Hot Dogs will be going into the old El Cerro Mexican Restaurant (beside Sun Tan City). Yippee!!! :hurray:

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I haven't had a Snoopy dog in probably 16 years. Never tried the original location, but I did try them at the old Garner location which closed up a number of years ago. I can't remember, however, what they taste like. They aren't those tough-skin dogs are they? Ugh! That's one thing I've never gotten about Goodberry's. It's like trying to chew through a waterhose and really never cared for their ice cream either.

3. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Oh Goody!! I LOVE Snoopy's hotdogs!!!!

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i've been eating them for 30 years. they're really good, all except for the actual dog itself. it's kinda tan, and sorta tasteless. the chili is awesome, their soups are fantastic, crinkle fries cooked to perfection nearly every time, and their chicken salad club reminds me of my grandma's...but if they get too far down this way with those lame dogs, they'll be back in north raleigh before you know it. somebody drop off a case of brightleafs down there...

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Now one of the best hot dogs I've ever eaten is D-i-c-k's Hot Dogs in Wilson (on Nash Street). They are like the best traditional, baseball stadium-style hot dog you'll put in your mouth. Now, everybody that likes pink weenies won't like 'em but I appreciate both kinds. They are pretty famous for their dogs and they've had a lot of famous folks stop by and try them.

*I did bypass the word filter but it is a legitmately named establishment.*

7. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!:mrgreen::hurray::cheers:

8. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Too expensive!!!!!

I'll take Crickets in Smithfield any day.

9. swinkles

swinkles Well-Known Member

Bummer... guess I will be finding a new location for my hot dog stand soon. For now I will just stay where I am at.

10. Grinder

You have a hot dog stand? Where?

11. swinkles

I set up right behind Fast Lube next to Food Lion off of Technology Drive. I try to set up most days during the week between 10:30 and 1:30. As long as the weather is good I set up. I have a fan page on FB http://www.facebook.com/TheDogHut

Ok - someone bash me - go ahead I am ready.... LOL

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I don't think there is anything wrong with giving your own business a free plug since the subject of hot dogs came up. Plus, its obvious you didn't join just to promote your business.

13. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

plus, the actual plug was in response to a direct question

14. Grinder

Yep, so no bash there.

I havent ever seen you there but if i do, ill be glad to stop.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ding ding ding!!!:hurray::hurray::hurray: Give the man a prize. Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for some folks to understand.

I'll stop by to get a hot dog too :cheers:

16. swinkles

Oh thank heavens!!! Hope to meet you all :)

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Well, I don't eat hot dogs. I eat the bun with all the stuff in it but I don't want the weenie. I don't like bologna either. YUCK.

But, Snoopy's has the best buns all the way that you could ever hope for!

18. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

If it aint a Brightleaf,,,,i wont eat it!!

19. swinkles

I carry Brightleafs and All Beef Hebrew Nationals :)

20. PBJtime

PBJtime Guest

Great another hotdog place. No offense, I love Snoopy's and Jone's but can't we get anything besides hotdogs, pizza, mexican, and bar food around this place?