Snow tubing places?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Alright, trying to figure out Christmas and we're contemplating taking the family snow tubing. I was wondering if anyone on here has gone and if so, where? I've looked a few places up by googling but really would like first hand accounts before doing such a thing. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Stephanie--mom to 10

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

We've been here several times and enjoyed it. You can stay there or that time of year it is pretty cheap to stay in Gettysburg just a few minutes away.
    Ski Liberty

I haven't been to the NC slopes for tubing, but Hawksnest looks to have the best selection.

I would also check out Wintergreen.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  3. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Wintergreen

We have gone snow tubing at Wintergreen each year for over 10 years. It's about 4-4.5 hours away. We normally stay in a hotel in Waynesboro, VA. Two sessions of snow tubing is enough for us and you need a rest in between. It's best to purchase tickets from home or else they may be sold out when you get there. Here's more info and costs: http://www.wintergreenresort.com/Tubing/

Make sure to dress warm and wear insulated, water-proof boots, and snow pants. It is no fun if you are cold.

Good luck!

4. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

5. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

We LOVE Wintergreen. We were able to rent a condo right there pretty cheap through www.vrbo.com We tried Hawksnest the last time and HATED it. It was much more run down feeling and we felt unsafe on some of the tubing hills because they didn't have proper stops. It's so much fun when the run is done right!