Spankings?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Dec 10, 2009.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Just curious...

If you believe in spankings, when do you think it too old to do so?

And, I can remember being old enough to drive and having my smart mouth popped for something or the other....don't you? Or was that just my mother?

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

my oldest is too big for me to pin down and whoop. if he needed it dh and i would have to tag team!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I still smack, in the mouth, when they talk back, almost daily, one or the other. Been a while since I spanked. My last memory of being "popped" was probably 16 'ish....

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  4. CrazyFabulous

:iagree: smackin n the mouth is regular at our house too!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Umm.........I can vividly remember my mother backhanding me when I was about 16 for having a smart mouth (imagine that!). DS has been spanked, but rarely and it's been a while.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Mouth pop with a backhand. Not hard, more of a flick - just enough to bring them back to reality - I think it hurts their feelings/pride more than anything.

Hmm... Spankings. Last time I spanked the eldest was probably elementary school.

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

We swatted ours on the hiney when they were probably six or seven and younger (not babies though!) but rarely needed to, and I think pretty exclusively for what I would call serious safety issues, to really get their attention and let them know that we were not messing around and meant business. Now that mine are older I am known to take a commando-guerilla approach to serious breaches of respect (mouthiness), since they can outrun me, I have to sneak up on them but they still get the point 8) and all I have to do is threaten to bring out DADilla as backup and they usually pipe down. :lol:

8. Cleopatra

Dadilla. Awesome! It must be cool to be to able to say "Wait until your father gets home" of course it is pretty cool being Alpha and Omega, too.

My son blocked me the other week *after* he ran his mouth at me, and I went animal battle frenzy on him.

The other day I told him if he pulls his hoodie up over his head again while I am talking to him I will take scissors and cut the hoods off of all of his hoodies in the middle of the night while he sleeps. And he knows I will do it.

I just don't remember being that brave as a kid.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO....I can see it now.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's because "we" didn't know that we could get our parents in trouble!! 8)

11. pocahontas

That's because we couldn't get them in trouble when I was a kid...belts, paddles, willow branches...it was all good, even by the school admin

12. CrazyFabulous

when i was in elem school they still whooped us at school!

13. pocahontas

me too! and forget the call to the parents first...it was right then, right now, and you can cry to your mama when you get home.

14. Cleopatra

Ha - wooden spoon with a hole in the middle, fly swatter... lol

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My Grandmother (whom I love dearly in spite of this) would tell us to go pick our own switch out of this little tree in the yard and she would switch our legs. Talk about stinging!! :lol:

16. pocahontas

The wooden spoon!! That was one of my friend's grandma's favorite threats to her little brother (he was really ornery). I can still see her struggling out of her recliner bellowing "TJ I'm gonna pop you with the wet wooden spoon if you don't get out of here and leave those girls ALONE" and he would take off running out the front door. It worked like a charm.

17. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

You're never too old for a spanking! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

LOL! Yes! I think I was only a victim of this one time, thats all it took! :lol:

19. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

we had a "switch" tree in our backyard growing up. And when we had to go pick out own, you'd better get the right one the first time...

do they even grow switch trees anymore?

20. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

:iagree:

:twisted: