Speeding on 70

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DAVIDMILLER1, Nov 16, 2007.

1. DAVIDMILLER1

DAVIDMILLER1 Well-Known Member

I was pulled over on wednesday by a Trooper for speeding. He said that he clocked me going under an overpass, he was coming the other way on 70 East. My first question is how could he have clocked me if he was not in the line of site of my vehicle. Now for my second one, how can I get it reduced? I thought there was an online site that would fix a ticket for you without you having to go to court?

2. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

troopers have radar that can clock from the front of their vehicle and from the back. go to court and get a prayer for judgement.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  3. Clif

Clif Guest

On the otherhand you can be grown up and admit you committed a crime and pay your due.

4. GarnerGirl2000

how fast???

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yep, hire an attorney and they'll get it reduced to where you insurance won't go up. It'll cost you abou $300.00 plus court cost, etc. but is well worth it.

6. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

I was pulled over and given a ticket for trying to rush to the urgent care (because it was closer than any emergency room to where I was) after I cut my hand pretty badly a couple of weeks ago. The officer pulled me over and when he walked to the window I had my left hand elevated, blood running down my arm, all over the steering wheel, pants, shirt, etc, and I showed it to him and explaned why I was driving so fast. His comment was "doesn't matter to me. If it were that bad you should have gone to the emergency room". He left me sitting there bleeding while he ran his ticket and gave me a nice big fine to pay. What a guy!:roll: Makes my "love" for the law enforcement even less.

To add insult to injury...the urgent care was not open when I arrived because he had stopped me. I went to the house and bandaged it up as best I could. I went to the doctor the next morning and ended up having to get stitches. What a nice cop.

7. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

The radar also locks in on the electronic signature from you ignition. It doesn't matter if you slow down or go off road. He can find you.

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

if you got written for 70 in a 55 when you get to court they'll let you plead (hell, they'll offer it before you can bring it up) to 64 and your insurance won't go up and you'll only get like one little point on your license. 125 bucks and you're done

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'll have to say that one is new to me and I am a member on several boards that LEOs frequent. Could you provide a link to a source to verify that? I would be interested in reading it.

If you speed, buy a Valentine One.( www.valentine1.com ) They are a bit pricey, but you can buy them used on E-bay and they are the best portable radar detector/locator bar none. Brand new, they are $399 retail, but you'll have more peace of mind if you happen to go a few miles per hour over. The range is outstanding. This circuitry is the best in the business and will last for years. Its easy to use and interpret. I've seen a personal best of 4 miles to the front and 4 miles to the rear with mine, but that was on a straight interstate. Just as police radar can clock from the front or back, the V1 also has dual radar antenna; one on the front and one on the rear. It can track up to 9 different radar sources. It also has laser detection. Like I said, its pricey...but think about one or two tickets + court costs + insurance premium increases and its more of an investment that you'll use for a number of years. I've had mine for going on 8 years, have dropped it a few times and it still works like it did when it was new.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Isn't that where you were headed, Urgent Care/ER? I'd bring a copy of my hospital bill/discharge papers to court with me.

12. GarnerGirl2000

its doesnt matter, if he was that bad off he should of called ems is what they will tell him!!!

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You should be getting a mailbox full of letters from lawyers any day now. Hubby got 5 in one day for his wreck. We found one that's gonna get it all dismissed with no points for $150.

ps. if you have CDL license you cannot get a prayer for judgement!

14. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

How fast were you going?

15. ServerSnapper

My experience is first hand. We used RADAR and it would lock in on the ignition coil. When you listen to a car on Radar you actually hear humming slowing and speeding up with the RPM. What ever you do...Dont press the brakes when a cop is passing you head on. It locks in on that to. The best thing to do is wave in a neighborly fashion if you are speeding. As if to say I am sorry for speeding.

Now with the lasers, that is point and click. He's got you. No slowing down to help etc.

Jester also...Why would one post a LINK for you to read when the experience is first hand? I had to certify with the state to use radar during my BLET training. I doubt you would know about that since you are in corrections. Where radar is NOT used.

16. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

What happened to you is just plain WRONG! I hope you got some blood on the ticket so you can take it to court.

17. GarnerGirl2000

again if it was that bad he should of called ems. with him speeding like that was putting others in danger is the way the cop saw it. breaking the law breaking the law :)

18. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

And waited and waited and waited for the EMS while bleeding~! You are very hardnosed, lighten up!

19. GarnerGirl2000

im not hardnosed, just know the law :)

20. ServerSnapper

Cops are people to. We all have bad days. Including them. Most of the time a warning will be issued. But if you are defensive off the bat. A ticket is coming your way.