Splenda Recipes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 1, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Do y'all have any really good Splenda dessert recipes to share? I know there is a website but i was hoping someone had tried some of them. i have to go to a family reunion next weekend and my Mom is diabetic but really loves sweets so i was gonna try to make some really good dessert she can eat too. TIA

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

This doesn't use Splenda, but is low sugar as well as low calorie. This is delicious especially with the hot weather. I've also tried making it with a different flavor jello and corresponding yogurt-I used strawberry banana and it was really good too.

Five Minute Key Lime Pie
    Preparation Time: 5 minutes
    Total Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
    Servings: 8

Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup water
    • 1 package (4-serving size) sugar-free lime-flavor gelatin
    • 2 containers (6 oz.) fat-free key lime pie yogurt
    • 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen reduced-fat non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
    • 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Reduced Fat Graham Pie Crust
    Directions:

1. In microwave-safe measuring cup heat water on high (100% power) for 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes or until boiling. Whisk in gelatin until dissolved.

2. In large bowl whisk together gelatin mixture and yogurt. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread in crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.

3. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

http://splenda.tastebook.com/

Hey Kaci - Check this site out. There are lots yummy looking recipes. There is also something on that site that lets you enter ingredients and it will search for a recipe.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Wonder how many calories are in that 5-minute key lime pie? Besides cheesecake, key lime pie is another dessert weakness that I deprive myself of on a regular basis.

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This was on the label that came with the reduced fat pie crust I bought last summer. It's also on the Keebler website.

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My mom would always make a punchbowl cake for gatherings so my dad could have dessert. He was diabetic and the recipe had very LOW sugar content. I will try and find the recipe but I do remember that it called for a SF angel food cake, SF vanilla instant pudding, crushed pineapple, a can of cherry pie filling made w/ Splenda (Walmart has a generic in this), Cool Whip Free, and chopped/crushed pecans. She never had leftovers to take back home w/ her.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

one of my absolute fave's....takes 5 minutes to make.....

Crystal Light Sugar free Lemonade Pie

2 packages of Jello Instant SUGAR-FREE Lemon Pudding
    1 container of Lite Cool Whip
    1 small tub of Crystal Light Lemonade drink mix
    1 Graham Cracker Ready Crust (Reduced Fat)
    2 cups of skim milk

Mix all ingredients (lemon pudding, light cool whip, Crystal Light Lemonade) together in bowl until smooth. Pour the mixture into the Graham Cracker crust and put in the refrigerator. Let chill for a few hours and serve.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, those recipes sound great!!!! Pirategirl, if you can find your Mom's i would appreciate it too.

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Hey, Kaci...I sent u a pm.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

11. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

As a diebetic I was warned by my nutritionist to stay away from artificial sweetners except splenda. But I have only one complaint about splenda. It taste terrible. Carbs have always been my weakness. Since I am not a big meat eater carbs and greens are a primary source of nutrition besides supplements I use for the gym and takewondo. Carbs have really hurt me physically. Sorry. tangent over.