Spray Tanning

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Jan 11, 2011.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Know any good place that offer a spray tanning service? Prefer natural looking tan, not orangy looking tan. Thanks!

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

its winter time! natural looking would mean you look pale like the rest of us!!!!!

just kiddin'

DB's wife

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I have yet to find a place that does not make a person look fake. Even though most people are pretty pasty in the winter some have color but I do not. I tried this one time and every person who knew me felt obligated to comment. Poor ole' me.............be careful.

Sherry

4. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I have been told that Merle Norman Spas do a good job. I think I will be trying them out this spring!!!

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Daughter had it done twice and the big problem was as it wore off it looked streaky and faded unevenly. Her neck looked like she needed a good bath! Personally, I'd stay away from a spray tan because of how awful it looked as it faded.

6. ncmomtothree

ncmomtothree Well-Known Member

get a mystic tan

There are several places around that offer Mystic tan-there is one in Knightdale and several in Raleigh. It is a booth that you rotate around in and it has heated spray! DH and I have done this several times and no streaking or weird staining spots.

7. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I've done mystic tan too. It does work but you still have to be careful around the feet and hands. If it doesn't blend well there, it can look fake. There is the issue of streaking too. I did it one time right before I went to the beach and while I was out by the pool I saw these streaks on my leg. It wasn't too noticeable but my friend laughed at me. :lol:

A long time ago I had a lady do a spray tan for me and it was even better than the mystic. Of course it took her a while but it lasted a week and was not orange. That was in some little salon in Mini City in Raleigh. I don't even know if that places exists anymore. That was probably 7 years ago.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Mine was the spray tan in the booth that moves around a person and it still looked strange after doing it and as it faded. I'd rather go natural or use the tanning booth.

Kell might have a better opinion as she has advised my daughter before and it turned out great.

Sherry

9. gracey1314

gracey1314 Well-Known Member

Try SunTan City at 42 by Snoopy's. They have the "Versaspa" spray tan booth. I think it gives a much more natural result than the Mystic. I've done it a few times and even a few days later it's not streaky at all. Also for like an extra $1 it does a moisturizing spray afterwards. It ends up being $34.

10. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Guest

Mystic Tan

I am a manager for Jill's Beach at 40/42 near Walmart, and we have the Mystic HD booth, which I love! It's heated and dries you off automatically. We are the only salon with this booth in Johnston County. The color is gorgeous, nothing orange about it. It comes in 4 different shades, so you can chose how dark you want to go. The solution bonds with the melanin in your skin so it looks different on everyone. It looks natural because it's your skin, only darker. It fades very evenly over 5-7 days, just gradually getting lighter until it's gone.

I really like the Mystic booth because it's private, no tan lines from wearing undergarments, and it is VERY SIMPLE to do. I'm in and out in 10 minutes, and I have great color for a week! Plus no ageing my skin! It's true, hands and feet can be tricky areas, but we show you how to apply barrier cream so that you will get the best results. It's easy to make a mistake the first time, but you become a pro very quickly, and Mystic makes it very simple. A single session is $30, and it's cheaper if you buy at least one more in advance. Hope you can stop by!