St Baldricks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 11, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

this is the FB post of one of my neighborhood kids who lost his little sister to cancer, he is a great kid and does this every year in her memory, if you can help please do. Hey JAM, do you have any more info on how to help?

Josh B.
    www.stbaldricks.orgYes, I'm doing this again! It's that time of year to honor and remember all the kids fighting cancer, especially my baby sister Kayleigh. I know she would probably laugh at me if she saw me with a bald head, but it's all good!!! I hope you can help me reach my goal this year, I know it's short notice but, the date just kind of crept up on me!! Thanks for anything you can do to help!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this KC :) <3 No, there's no other information. Any donations at all are greatly appreciated, the kids need our help :grouphug:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i really admire him doing this every year - he is a great big brother:grouphug:

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Just registered and donated....I <3 Josh! :) That's so sweet!! Also, I told DH about it and his band is going to donate all their tips from tonight's gig to St. Baldricks in support of Josh. It may be $10 or $100 but I will let you know! Sometimes I wanna smack my hubby but he's got a huge heart. :grouphug:

5. JustAnotherMom

Ohhh PG :grouphug: you just brought me to tears, thank you so much!!!!!

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

7. PirateGirl

Stone Creek Band raised $74 tonight in support of Josh for St. Baldricks, honoring his baby sister! :hurray:

I had already donated $25 earlier, so I am going to throw another $1 in so it will be a total of $100 towards Josh's goal of $500! If I remember correctly he is almost half way there!

To my fellow 4042ers: If total strangers at a small bar can give $74 to people they don't even know, what can you do? :) If you can spare even a dollar, please go to the link Kaci posted and donate! I donated initially for several reasons: 1) I know JAM and her family and they are good people, 2) I have lots of little ones in my life who are blessed with good health unlike the kids that the money is being raised for, and 3) I try and live by the "Golden Rule" which means (in my mind) that it's just the right thing to do.

A huge Thank you to DH and his bandmates for jumping in at the very last minute to do this! :grouphug:

8. JustAnotherMom

HUGE HUGE HUGE Thank you to you and dh and the band!!!! :grouphug:

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just registered and made a donation, good luck to your son in reaching his goal!

10. JustAnotherMom

Thank you Tassy!!! He's over halfway to his goal :hurray:

11. PirateGirl

JAM, how'd the big day go?? Also, are you still collecting $$?

12. JustAnotherMom

It went awesome!! Pics are on my FB, and he went over his goal! :hurray::hurray: Thank you again!!!