STATE FAIR!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dgsatman, Oct 14, 2010.

1. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Starts TODAY!!!!

Just stating the obvious......got nothing else. 8)

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Wife and I are trying to figure out which day we want to head out. The only day that is out of the question will be next Saturday when NCSU plays their home game.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

no home game next week Craig....next home game is Florida State on Thursday the 28th.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Yeah, its raining = Fair time. LOL

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Yup.... Rainy Oct. = State Fair!

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

If it stops raining - this might be a good option for those who like to ride rides:

Discounted admission and ride tickets are on for sale on Thursday's preview day.
    Admission will be $8 for adults and $2 for children. A wristband for unlimited rides will be available for only $25.
    After the official opening of the Fair Friday, admission will go up to $8 for adults and $3 for children, and an 18-ticket ride sheet will be $18.
    http://www.wral.com/entertainment/statefair/story/8449115/

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I thought admission for adults was $6 today and then $8 from tomorrow on ?

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm....how did they manage to not have a home during the state fair? That is so out of place for them.

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

According to the website: www.ncstatefair.org/2010/General/PreviewDay.htm

Preview Day
    Thursday, Oct. 14, 2010

Unlimited Ride Wristband
    Powers Great American Midways will offer an unlimited ride wristband on Thursday, Oct. 14, from 3:30 p.m. to closing only.

The wristband will cost $25 and can be purchased at the midway ride ticket locations inside the fairgrounds. The wristbands cannot be purchased in advance. Individual ride tickets and ride sheets purchased in advance can still be used on this day, in addition to the unlimited ride wristband.

Discounted Admission Price for Preview Day only.

Gate admission price is the same as the advance sales price on Preview Day. .

On Oct. 14 only:
    Adults: $6
    Children: $2
    Seniors age 65+ and kids younger than 5 are always free. .

Oct. 14 Preview Day Hours of Operation

Fairgrounds Gates
    Open 3 p.m. - midnight (weather permitting)
    Fairgoer must have advance ticket, or purchase admission ticket prior to 10 p.m., in order to enter gates between 10 p.m. and closing.
    .Admission Ticket Booths
    Open 3 - 10 p.m.
    Fairgoer must have advance ticket, or purchase admission ticket prior to 10 p.m., in order to enter gates between 10 p.m. and closing.

Midway Ride Ticket Booths (Located inside the fairgrounds)
    Open 3 - 11 p.m.

Midway Rides
    3:30 p.m. to midnight (weather permitting)

Exhibit Halls.

Open 4 - 9:45 p.m.

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Schedules (football) are planned almost 10 years in advance, and they finally got out from underneath the two going on at the same time....hasn't been one coinciding with a home game in about 4, maybe 5 years. Thankfully.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't do crowds.

Ya'll be safe if you go to the fair.

13. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

No fair for us this year. Too many food temptations. I think I'll miss my annual candy apple the most!

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't know if we are going or not. I detest crowds.

15. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

i always thought a football game during the fair was cool. Texas St fair always goes along with texas and oklahoma game.