State Tax Refund Checks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Apr 24, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Has anybody received theirs yet? I'm about tired of waiting!

2. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Received federal, not state.

3. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

I e-filed Feb 16 and received direct deposit March 23. When I e-filed it was right when they started warning about delays.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I filed on 3/21. Federal came in a week or so, nothing yet from state. Bev is too busy creating jobs.:rolleyes:

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Got mine quite some time ago. You might want to check in on things.

6. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

e-filed 2/27 and it was deposited into account last week. I read somewhere that e-filing is quicker than if you send in. Also, you can go to the website to check the status of your refund. You'll need ssn and dollar amount of refund to plug in.

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere that the money will start going out first thing in May.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I read that as well. Filed mine early so both have been spent. :lol:

Michelle, when did you file? Didn't you need to do it early this year for college? You should have done it for the financial portion of any college your child wants to go to. The earlier the more money they get.

Sherry

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I e-filed on February 15, and got my refund direct deposited on April 15.

10. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I filed 3.18 and the NC website says it's been written and it's on it's way, which is weird since it should be direct deposited.

This is a change since THursday, when it said it was received and being processed.

11. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We sent ours in the first week we could. (end of Jan.) got the notice that we had to prove our family exists as we are a "big" family. Did that and waited quite awhile but did finally get our refund about 3 weeks ago. There is a very long wait from what I hear. Good luck.

Stephanie--mom to 7

12. Sherry A.

That's strange that you filed that long ago, which is what I did, and just got your refund three weeks ago. My federal was right away but my state was two weeks after I filed the first week of February. I was hurrying because of all the college stuff that is first come first serve.

Sherry

13. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i had to pay, i mailed it in but efiled the tax and it cleared early this week. sure are fast to get their money

14. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Not so sure i'd say that. I owe them a good deal this year from self employment tax. e-Filed early this month, and haven't gotten my bill yet.

15. Sherry A.

Uh oh, you know you have the money to pay. :mrgreen:

Sherry

16. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

Filed mine on Feb. 1 and got my refund a week later.

17. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Haha... nah. 5k+ means i'm going on a payment plan, unless this game sells REALLLYYY well.

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Mine said that at first and then later on it changed to say that it was a direct deposit. If you check tomorrow, it will probably be changed again, and the money will probably be in your account.

19. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

e-filed 2/25, just got the check last week.

20. Sherry A.

Well I hope it does.

Sherry