Stomach bug going around?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ready2cmyKing, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

'Cause I feel sick as a dog. My tummy hurts so bad... OWEEEEEE! :-(

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Oh no! I haven't heard of anything going around. I hope you start feeling better soon...

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

We've had a cold going thru our house, and now the baby has pink eye!

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

More probably, instead of it being a virus, you're chances of a food borne illness are greater. Doesn't take much of one to make you feel sick, and if everyone ate the same food, and it "passes" through the family, it takes on the "persona" of being a bug that got passed around.
    Lots of illnesses are actually food related. We really take for granted that all the food we eat, whether we prepare it ir someone else does, is always cooked, stored, prepared, and served correctly.

Sorry that you're under the Wx today.

5. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

I know there was a nasty bug going around. My oldest son had strep and a stomach virus, then my youngest got the stomach bug, I got strept and my oldest got pink eye. It was a long two weeks in my house! When I took the boys to the doc they said a virus was going around and they were seeing a lot of it.

Hope you feel better soon.

6. ready2cmyKing

Oh geeze. Well, that explains it. I'm so prone to getting those things if there is ever a stomach bug anywhere in NC, I'll get it. :roll:

My stomach hurts so bad it's giving me chills. I dared to drink one cup of coffee (so I don't get a caffeine headache) and now I'm paying for it BIG TIME. Owwww :cry:

7. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

It's not just our area; we were out of the area when both my husband and I had it -it was not pleasant. We were up in NY on vacation when he came down with it mid-week and I came down with it Thursday night; his bout lasted 24 hours, mine lasted for 4 days. There was a segment on the news stating that many of the campgrounds in the area reporterd many people being sick. Came in to the office right after vacation and several people were out with it.

8. kmmsmile

kmmsmile Member

Our neighbor had a nasty stomach virus and sure enough my youngest one got it. Flu in the summer? Not fun.

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Didn't you just get back from an out of country trip? If so, could be that. I know sometimes when I travel it may take a day or so before something sets in.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Sherry

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My SIL just got over a stomach bug. She was miserable for 2 days.

11. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I know 2 people that had the bug.

12. ready2cmyKing

Romania? That was over a year ago! :lol:

I think it's just a nasty stomach bug... one that makes you cramp really bad. After lying around all day I'm feeling a bit better now. Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :)

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I must be mixing you up with someone else because I thought you were in South America...my mistake.

Glad you are feeling better.

Sherry

14. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

My DH came home with this last night. He hardly slept any.....which means of course, I hardly slept any either. He still doesn't feel great. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be a thing of the past. Oh, BTW, his boss had it a couple of days ago. :neutral:

15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I guess with all these bugs going around we're going to all have to invest in latex gloves, surgical masks and lysol.

16. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

OK, this is getting ridiculous. In the past 2 weeks I've had strep and tonsillitis. Then yesterday I got this stupid stomach bug that my DH had a few days ago. I feel fine right now...haven't tried eating anything though. Grrrrr......:x I stopped smoking again 3 weeks ago and it seems like I've caught everything I can since then.

Bren

17. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

My youngest son had the bug on Tuesday and Wednesday. He missed Footbal tryouts for the middle school on Wednesday. Then Friday by about 3:30, I knew something was not right. I hurt and felt so bad. So needless to say I got NOTHING done that I wanted to this weekend.