Straight Talk

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I am considering switching my phone from Verizon to StraightTalk. I want to save the money but I don't want to give up my good coverage. We currently have droid smart phones. Anyone have any suggestions or experiences.

2. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

We have Straight Talk and love it! The main thing you need to understand is that the different phones are serviced by different carriers. We use the Samsung Proclaim phones that are droids and run off Verizon. If you would like to stay with Verizon coverage, I recommend buying your phones from the Walmart website as it is easier to figure out what network each phone runs on and they have more Verizon phones on the website than in the store. We also use the Facebook site for customer service the one time we needed it instead of calling the call center. I think Straight Talk is excellent for folks who are comfortable programming their own phones and know some basics.

3. Emma Caroline

Please let me know how to know which one is Verizon on the website. I could not figure it out.

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have the Samsung "Blackberry"-type phone from Straight Talk. I;m not impressed w/ the phone but I LOVE my service!! I can actually talk all the way down Barber Mill Rd and TONS of other places where I couldn't even get a shotty signal w/ my old plan.

5. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

Emma Caroline, what I do is look under the product Q&A at the bottom on the product page at the wal-mart website and usually someone has asked which carrier the phone works on.

There is supposed to be a way to tell from the model number of the phone but I could never figure it out so I just looked at the product questions.

Here is a direct link to my phone, like I said above, my DH and I have been very happy with them:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Samsung-Galaxy-Proclaim-Prepaid-Cell-Phone/20933054

6. Emma Caroline

Thank so much!
    I never thought to look at the Q&A

7. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

From what I have read online, the only smartphone ST has right now that runs off Verizon is the Proclaim. All the other smartphones run off Sprint.

There is a www.straighttalkwirelessforum.com that might give you more info.