Strange dream leads to ?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Aug 13, 2010.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Ok here's one for yinz. I had a strange dream last night (that's not unusual) but this one leads me to ponder a serious question.

In my dream, I was living in today's society, but I would choose to take my horse and buggy to local places, like the grocery store, and to church, or to take my kid to and from school. (all within 5 miles of home) But I would drive my car further distances or in inclement weather.

My question to you is, is it legal to take a horse and buggy? (provided you have it legally marked with the orange triangle and such, like the Amish do in PA, OH, etc) And if it is legal, what are the requirements? I figured since JoCo is so much farmland and horses are everywhere, it might be permitted, but I have been searching online since 6 am (nearly 3 hrs) and have yet to find anything that permits or forbids it.

If I had a horse and buggy, I'd definitely use it! Save on gas and go Green!

Any thoughts?

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Bahahahaha! Good luck on 40 with a horse and buggy :cheers:

And stop every few miles to pick up the brown!

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I use to live up in Delaware and go to Lancaster alot. Use to have a gf who lived there. The Amish drive their horse and buggies everywhere. They do not pick up after their horses and do not pay road taxes of any sort. A lot of the roads up there have ruts in them from where the wagon wheels are.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Even though this is a bit off subject, in Germany you'll actually see four wheelers and three wheelers on the Interstate,I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw it!

5. sirputz

@ michelle, If you noticed, I said LOCAL roads, not the interstate. Even the Amish are not permitted on the interstate with their horse and buggy.

@rocky, Yes, I know about the ruts....I lived in Western PA, and we had a couple people with horse and buggy in the late 80's early 90's....they were still used, even though we were a fairly modern town.

@Annette Really? I'd think that'd be too dangerous to have those vehicles on the highways, but I guess if gov't allows it, or doesn't enforce it, go for it!

Now if I could only afford a horse and buggy!

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

LOL, well then good luck on 42!

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Gosh, all it would take is someone to BLOW it's car horn at you, and your horse takes off like a "bat out of he*ll". Hold on tight, boy, and good luck!:)

8. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

i think you're missing the point of your dream. your subconscious is telling you to buy a chevy volt....electric local, gas hwy. ;)

9. sirputz

Maybe someone should just Donate one to me!!!! Are you offering?

10. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

If you got on any highway around here you would get run over. We do not have patient drivers here!! Save you life don't try it.....:iagree::idea:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010