Strange man door to door

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Mar 4, 2014.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Wife says while I was at work today, a Caucasian man wearing a Dark suit with dark tie carrying some papers was going door to door. He knocked, and then rang the bell, she never answered as she was tending to the little ones changing their diapers.
    After she peeked out the window and watched him walk away, she noticed the Sherriff's car drive up and slow down but it was out of view.
    This was in Golden Lakes Subdivision off of Old Fairground/Mt. Pleasant/Hwy 50(Don Lee's) area. Anyone else see anything? know what might be going on?

I figure if it was the firemen doing their fundraisers, they'd likely not wear suits, but at least a jacket with the fire emblem on it or something.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

This may be a silly question, but did he leave anything on the door?

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Jehovah’s Witnesses. They are in our area all the time.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

The Jehovah's were in my development last weekend and they seem to travel in pairs like the mormom's.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They came to my house about a month ago. I have a large German Shepherd that likes to bark when people come to the door, but he's harmless. When I opened the front door to see who it was, I was holding my GSD by the collar since is in inquisitive to see who is there. The guy from Jehovah's Witnesses just handed me a pamphlet and very quickly walked away. I think the dog scared him a bit.