Stroller Help...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Oct 29, 2009.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Okay, so a few months ago, I said I wanted a sit and stand stroller, and a very nice 4042er sold me this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Stand-Ride-Duo-Stroller/dp/B000MFCHCM

Although its super duper nice, I have "test driven" it so to speak at the fair, and realized it's not what I want for Disney.

I need a lightweight stroller, that has a basket underneath, and reclines. The standard umbrella strollers won't work because the handle bar is too low for me to reach and I have to push it all hunched over.

So I need something better than an umbrella stroller, but something much lighter than a full stroller.

I can't spend a gazillion dollars either, as it is I'm going to put that one on craigslist to pay for the new one.

Any suggestions? Please?

2. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

I was looking for something similar--light weight but had to have a basket underneath. There are some at Walmart for $25 but it was a little too small for my son (he's kind of tall). You can look at those or check consignment shops. I found exactly what I needed at Lil Joey's.

When are you going to Disney? You are more than welcome to borrow mine but I need it in December! I can email you a pic of it tonight if you'd like.

3. JenniferK

We're going in November.

I'd love to see what you've got! Can you email it to me at DaisiLou@aol.com?

Thank you!

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Havent used a stroller in a long time but when we did we used to rent the one's at the park. That kept us from having to lug it around with us.
    When that got too expensive, one of those cheap little umbrella strollers or whatever their are called worked great.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You guys don't read do you?? LOL. Ms. Jen is too tall for the regular umbrella strollers, hence the thread. :jester: :cheers::cheers::cheers::jester:

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Sorry - ADD is kicked in.

So she should get an umbrella stroller with extensions.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They need such a thing! Some of those contraptions defy logic.

8. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

The Mclauren strollers have higher handles so you don't have to hunch over. They are a little pricey but I think they are worth it. You can pick up a decent umbrella style for about 70 (new). They also have a strap for carrying when closed when closed which comes in handy when you have to load/unload on those disney busses.

I think Target has some

9. graystone1221

graystone1221 Member

Taking strollers to Disney

You could take 2 single strollers; if there are at least 2 adults, this would allow you to divide and conquer :). Last year, when we went to Disney, we took one umbrella Maclaren stroller for two kids (ages 3, 4). We had no problems with both wanting to ride at the same time. The 4 year-old was too excited about all the rides and characters to sit down. Her Daddy is 6'5" and had no problems with the height of the stroller.

If I had to do it again, I would take the big Peg Perego stroller because it has more room underneath for stuff and because we hardly ever had to lift our stroller, so weight wouldn't be a problem. Also, the security when you leave strollers behind to go on rides is very good. I'm saving my Peg Perego Atlantico stroller for my sister who won't need it until next year. Let me know if you would like to borrow it. jbarutis@gmail

Have fun!
    graystone

10. JenniferK

I have something comparable to the Perego, and it's just too big for what I want. We only have one stroller child.

I looked at the Maclauren you suggested, that looks really nice, but the cheapest one I can find is $130 at Target. Maybe I can find one on craigslist...

Thanks for the suggestions!

11. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

You could try the Children's Orchard in Cary, too. They used to get some nice stuff in.

12. arogronjomom

arogronjomom Well-Known Member

I have this one; bought it on ebay for $130 (w/ free shipping); it is a GREAT lightweight but sturdy stroller. I have the lilac and it's beautiful :) It may be more than what you are looking to spend but, maybe you could sell it afterwards?

http://www.keekaroo.com/karoostroller.html