Summer Camps

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Baseballguy, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Baseballguy

Baseballguy Guest

Cleveland Middle School will be offering several summer camp oppurtunities this year. Coach Jenna Grimsley will be holding a girls basketball and volleyball camp July 12th-15th. Coach Chase Crocker will be holding a baseball camp July 26th-29th from 8:30-12:00. Following the baseball camp Coach Mark Keener will be holding a boys basketball camp from 12:30-4:00.

Visit the following link to find out more information.

http://www.johnston.k12.nc.us/education/components/sectionlist/default.php?sectiondetailid=6065&

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Thanks!

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Darnit! I was hoping my 2nd grader would be able to attend, but it's only for middle-school aged kids. Anyone know of anyplace other than West Johnston that does a baseball camp for younger kids? That's the only one I can find.

4. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

I didn't pick up a listing of their sports camps, but I know the Smithfield Recreation and Aquatic Center has a lot of sports daycamps this summer. They also have a regular summer daycamp from the looks of it and they are around 95 a week.

http://www.eteamz.com/smithfieldparksandrec/index.cfm?

If you have a child with special needs, look into Camp Sunflower. It's the last week of July and first week of August at SRAC and is 55 a week (only half day though).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  5. jillywilly

jillywilly Active Member

Clayton High school has camps for younger kids. They were listed in the Clayton News Star this week. Baseball was age 8-15 (I think)

6. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Cary Academy offers a lot of really neat camps, including a baseball one for grades 3 and up I think... I usually think they mean "rising" 3rd when they list grades so maybe that one could work for your little guy? Their website is www.caryacademy.org I think. I know it isn't in the very local area but thought it might work if life/work brings you out that way.