Sweet Salad cubes or Dill Salad cubes?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Mar 11, 2010.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm right in the middle of a fresh bowl of home made chicken salad and I have a jar of each. I usually use the sweet in potato salad....cuz that's what Mama used.

I have a jar of each. What would you/do you use for chicken? I think the last time I made any I was doing the Atkins Diet and just chopped up some dill pickles. It was okay I guess but this time I'm making a bowl full. Not just a serving for myself.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Depends upon what you have a taste for. I like it sweet. :)

3. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

:iagree: But I like dill. LOL

4. Cleopatra

Split it in half, and make two batches. One dill, one sweet. Then have a taste test.

5. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

There you go.... or mix both into the salad. Then you have both tastes in one.

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I have never heard of relish in chicken salad...sounds different; gotta try that!

7. nsanemom22

I just looked at 6 recipes online. Four didn't use any, one used sweet and one used dill. Go figure.

8. nsanemom22

Ok. I made two small taste batches. Sweet gets the vote! Dill made it taste salty.
    Thanks y'all :cheers:

9. nsanemom22

I lied. I ended up using both. I finished off the ..ahem..taste batches, and decided both were good. So I used both. lol

I don't need no stinkin' batches!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

:jester:

10. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Always used sweet pickle relish in my chicken, tuna, and potato salad. That's what mom, grandma, aunt, great grandma, great aunts, and great uncles always used so it's all I have used.

Wife makes the egg salad so you would have to ask her about that.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i always used the sweet too forever but when i found out the difference in the sugar content i switched to dill and just add a dash of splenda and i like it even better.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Mount Olive or Vlasic?

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Pickels in chicken salad?? :ack: I use celery for crunch. I use pickels in tuna salad (which is about once a year) but never use it for chicken, LOL. I also detest chicken salad with grapes or other weird additives. Who came up with that? :jester: Hope it was good though! :cheers:

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i don't usually in my ckn salad either but i have, mostly it is in tuna salad, potato salad, and tarter sauce. BTW, how did your day go?

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good, I'm exhausted though LOL. Used to having my afternoons free, gonna take some adjustment. I was spoiled!! So far so good though! :cheers: Thanks for asking! :grouphug:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey at least you are close to home, when you get off you actually get off. It will take awhile to get readjusted to fulltime, but i know you will do great. Hey, wait a minute, does this mean you can't do lunches anymore!!!! i was actually thinking about the 30th for lunch cause that is Phoebe's spay day and i am taking the whole day - is it to early to ask for an afternoon off:lol:

19. Cleopatra