swimming lessons

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by erinmcbell, Jul 14, 2010.

1. erinmcbell

erinmcbell Guest

I'm looking for somewhere in Garner or Clayton to take my 5 year old for swim lessons. It appears that the YMCA in Clayton doesn't offer them. Thanks for your help!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Riverwood Athletic Club offers them, I don't think you have to be a member either.

DS took two swim classes there over the winter and I was very pleased.

3. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Clayton Swim Club also offers them for non members

4. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

Rex Wellness (behind Target) offers them
    Also for the same price, Healthquest in Smithfield offers them. To me the drive was worth it because the class was half the size so the kids got more one on one time.

5. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Ryan at the Clayton swim Club was FABULOUS with my 5 year old! We did private lessons and it was SO worth it!

6. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

The Aquatic center in Smithfield offers lessons. I have heard they are really good with the kids.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Glen Laurel gives them for members and non-members. Call the Glen Laurel pool and they'll set you up. I happen to think a lot of the instructor. :lol::lol:

Sherry

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

McGee's Pool is offering Swimming Lessons soon.

PM me for more info.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

10. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

We've used Ann Stephenson in the past and been very happy.

11. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

We took my son to several places are we were happy with Healthquest in Smithfield. Also, The Pineville Club offers private lessons.

12. mom2two

mom2two Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any pools that offer summer only memberships.

13. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

We liked Ann Stephenson a lot. No-nonsense instructor but VERY good. A friend took her child (who was terrified to put her face in the water) and when she picked her up, she was swimming with her face in the water. And that was just the first lesson.

14. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Clayton Swim Club is just a pool so it is summer only. It was the only local one that I could find where I didn't have to join for the whole year when I only want the pool in the summer!

15. neusepool

neusepool Guest

Neuse Pool

The Neuse Pool at Flowers Plantation offers a summer only membership. With your membership you get tennis and the choice of swim lessons and water aerobics. You can visit our website at:

www.neusepool.com

Opening Day is May 28. If you join before then you'll get 3 free guest passes.