Swimming Pool

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

There is usually a thread this time of year about pools--so I thought I would start it.

The Clayton Swimming Club in downtown Clayton has about 30 memberships available this year. It is a great family pool with a kiddie pool and the main pool which goes from 3 to 9 feet. It also has a diving board. Lifeguards always on duty.

The dues are $400 for the summer. Email the pool board at: claytonswimclub@yahoo.com for more info.

2. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

dont you ahve to know someone to get in?

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

grew up at this pool and loved going during the summer!! good luck getting those last ones sold!

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Where is it? Is it an outdoor pool?

5. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

yes it is outdoors, can't think of all the road names, but its off O'neil st in clayton, if you go down main st. take a right on Oneil St, cross the railroad tracks and go to your 4th left, then go to where the road turns to the left and there will be a small road to the right, that is the road the pool in on!

6. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Pine Something Street, It's a dead end.

7. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

I remember when this pool was being built. My parents were part of the first ones to have membership there - cost a whopping $100 to "buy a share" and then the dues were something like $50 a year. Grew up at this pool. The street that you turn onto off of O'neil is Barnes Street. Just as you get to the curve on Barnes - turn to the right and you should be able to see the pool from there.

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

512 Ridgecrest Dr

9. Emma Caroline

You do have to have two member referrals--but chances are that you know someone who is a member. Contact someone on the board and they can probably help you with the referral.

One of the great things about this pool is that it is never crowded.

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Isn't Riverwood way cheaper than that? 3 swimming pools, and a golf membership for like 50 bucks a month. Well it was when I lived there. But they accept outside people now. Maybe 80 a month. Including greens fees.

11. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

someone left a flyer at my home just last weekend about this pool. We have been there once as a guest with a good friend who told me they are in real need of members this year. Don't get me wrong, we really enjoyed our visit to this pool with our friends but it is old. The pool itself wasn't bad but the facilities need improvement. It is very private and wasn't crowded when we went.

12. Emma Caroline

Riverwood is year round so you pay $960--yes it does offer more but for the $80 level you are limited in t-times and the pools are also very crowded. We left Riverwood for CSC because we liked the atmosphere better--not that the pool is fancy--it is not but it seemed more a family place and it was cheaper for us because we only really used the pool in the summertime.

13. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Years ago we stopped by the pool to inquire about a membership. We were given the "look up and down" by a couple of women "in charge" and told in a not-very-nice way that you had to have member referrals and they only let certain people in. These women were very snotty and in a round about way told us only the important people in Clayton were allowed to be members. In the end, we bought our own above ground pool and have had years of enjoyment with that, without feeling judged by anyone.

14. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

sent u a PM!

db's wife

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of applying for a membership at the Clayton Swimming Club. If any one reading on the board who is a member would give me a referral it would be much appreciated. We had a membership when I was a kid but gave it up when I was 13 when we moved to Smithfield.

16. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

I hope its not still like that. I was getting ready to send in my application. :?:

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Please. That would make me wanna wear cutoffs and bring a cooler of beverages. :lol:

18. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I remember wading in that pool the FIRST time it was filled with water....guess I'm showing my age. :)

19. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I saw a sign for Turner Farms pool membership but did not yet get the number. Does anyone know how much they charge? Is that pool typically crowded?

20. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

DGSATMAN - guess we're part of the "originals" on here~ I remember spending all day at the pool and Glenn Nixon was the lifeguard! By the way - glad to hear your good report!