T mobile

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Lolly42, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

We are looking to move away from ATT after 4 years(Did Altell/Verizon 14 years) Has anyone had experience with T mobile? I know the phone are not "free" but Im tired of a contract. Somehow we all (4) end up with contract end dates and its a cycle. I called ATT but, they would not budge.

Any other suggestions besides T mobile? We dont talk much but, lots of texting. There is so much wifi now we average less that 4gb a month total.

Thanks

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

3. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

be sure to check connection...I've been with them forever and the only issue I have is that I almost never have a connection in Cleveland. I have no problems here at home, near downtown Clayton.

PS I bought my phones online (not from TMobile). As long as it's unlocked and has the right size SIM card (which I think is "micro"), there's been no problem.

4. mypaperheart

mypaperheart Active Member

We have t-mobile and live right near Don Lee's and don't have good service at our house (doesn't even pick up 2g, much less 4g) but we can connect through our wifi and make calls that way. A lot of the "back roads" don't have good service (if you're looking to use GPS) but once you get out to the highly populated areas it's pretty solid on 4g.

Besides that I've not really had any complaints and we've had it since January.

5. mandmdad

mandmdad Well-Known Member

Had lots of problems with dead area's with T mobile. They were cheaper but had to switch back to Verizon to get good coverage across NC.

6. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Be careful about this! I sold an Apple 4s ATT unlocked phone on EBay to a lady that had tmobile. She was continuously having problems with it dropping service and blamed the phone! There was no problem with the phone. It is a known issue with tmobile. Several threads out there about it.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Republic Wireless. Local company. Great business model. Great reviews. Great phones. Super cheap, customizeable plans. Done. Never going back to big cellular.

https://republicwireless.com/

If you PM me, I can save you $20 via referral.

8. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

I had Republic but had lots of dropped calls and dead zones. They used to use Sprint network, not sure if they still do or not. Good concept but poor network, I had to go back to ATT.

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

They do use the Sprint network still. Sprint dumped a ton of money into upgrading their network in 2014. I have not had a single dropped call since being a beta tester for Republic in 2012. Mostly because of their WiFi calling and especially since they fixed the WiFi to cellular hand-off issue.

I get unlimited everything (3G speeds) on two phones for $50 a month (this is with my discount for being an early adopter). No worries about roaming, overages, etc. No worries period, actually.

10. Bride

Bride Member

I had T-Mobile for about 4 days and switched. I had very poor service. I had to drive about a mile from my house just to get a signal.

11. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

From what I can see, the "unlimited" data you get is when you are on Wi-Fi, which is somewhat misleading in my book. All cell phones are unlimited data when connected to a wi-Fi device. Also it appears that there are roaming charges. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I am looking for a new provider.