T-N-T Fire Safety Enterprizes?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jenna's Mom, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

A while back, out of boredom while waiting for the hubby to finish paying for dinner at the new Golden Trough (Golden Corral) in Smithfield, I entered a little contest thing that was in the lobby. Apparently I won dinner for myself and 3 other couples.

The company is T-N-T Fire Safety Enterprizes in Kenly (yeah, the return address sticker has enterprise misspelled. Talk about a red flag. Here is what the 'invitation' says.

Congratulations:

What is for sale? Nothing is for sale at the dinner
    What goes on? 1- Fun Quiz (can win a door prize) 2 - Eat 3 - Watch a short film. 4- A brief talk on home fire safety.
    Requirements: 1- Be on time 2- BOTH spouses must attend (if married) 3- Adults only 4- Must not have attended in the last year 5- Come ready to have a good time.

So, has anyone been to one of these things. They are asking for 2 1/2 hours of my and my friends time (not to mention I still have to figure out baby sitting and what not). I'm all for free food, but eh, I don't like wasting my time when I have out of state family in to visit.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sounds like a time share deal? :lol:

They are and WILL be trying to sell you something, I guarantee it.

3. Jenna's Mom

Oh, I'm sure they will be trying to sale something, I figure fire extinguishers or in home sprinklers (can't see giving someone a free meal in hopes of selling a 30 dollar fire extinguisher). I can't find anything on them in the BBB or a yahoo search. Guess I need to crack out google!

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Nothing they could serve for dinner would be worth sitting through a sales pitch. Just my $0.02 on it.

5. Jenna's Mom

Considering it's GC, while I do enjoy eating there on rare occasion, I may find myself missing most of the pitch with runs to the bathroom. It never fails that my stomach starts to churn and I find myself on the throne within 20 minutes of leaving.