TAG Automotive

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Luvgoose1, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Just want to give a shout out to TAG Automotive. DD came home and what we thought were worn brake pads was really a case of no brakes working on the car. Based on recommendations called TAG and even though they were closing early, they told us to go ahead and come in. They worked us in, found a brake line was ruptured and fixed everything on the spot at a very reasonable and more than fair price. Because of them my daughter will be driving safely now.

2. mvenito@nc.rr.com

mvenito@nc.rr.com Well-Known Member

Glad we were able to accommodate you and keep your dd safe!! It was a pleasure to serve you. Enjoy your New Years Eve everyone and be safe -

Bobby
    TAG :)

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

You DON'T want my opinion on TAG right now...see hubby's Facebook if you're interested.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I can't see it, he's not a *friend* of mine. :?
    I just sent a requst tho. :mrgreen:

5. PirateGirl

K...I just saw your comment. Unreal...

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yikes! Good or Bad. I was thinking of getting some work done there.

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Oh boy...I didn't post this thread to start a controversy. Just wanted to state the facts-they worked us in on a day they were already full and closing early. Fact-they found the problem (and showed us the leak so we saw it ourselves). Fact-they fixed it on the spot and charged a fair price. Car problems can be complicated and not everyone always has a good experience like this with a repair shop, but I simply wanted to acknowledge that a local business did right by us. And by the way, they were really honest with us..we thought the brake pads needed to also be replaced and they showed us that they were only about half worn and suggested we wait.

8. PirateGirl

Reader's Digest version of my experience: went to have car inspected, they said I needed new front tires as well as almost $400 (their estimate) of work before it would pass. I was flabbergasted so I ended up having it checked my THREE other mechanics over the next day and a half and was told that was ridiculous and the part in question wasn't even loose. In mechanic #3's words, "someone just wanted your money". Car passed that day w/o anything being done to it. I should have went where I normally go but was in a hurry and TAG was convenient.

**Didn't post this to get a a pee-peeing match...this is MY experience and I don't speak for anyone else!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

OK, I understand that. All businesses have rave reviews and bad reviews, so it will have to be my own experience that will be the deciding factor of liking or disliking. Thanks for sharing your stories.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Heard a lot of good things about TAG, but I have to say the folks at Quality Auto Service (Pedlers Village by Bojangles on 42) have been great for my wife and myself over the years.

11. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

MY reader's digest condensed version:
    over 3K to get a/c done. never did get it fixed-had to take it to a dealer.
    NEVER will go back there. Had a friend have the same thing happen with a/c. Maybe it is just a/c they can't do.

12. mvenito@nc.rr.com

While I don't know everyone here IRL, I will say that I stand by my work and customer satisfaction. There is NEVER any pressure to have your work done here - only suggestions. I strive to give my customers quality work, a fair price and overall good customer service skills. If something was not done to your satisfaction I need to be told in order to make your experience better. I'm not out to take anyone for a ride and I building my facility on that standing.
    However, as far as inspections go - the state mandates, has a check list and ultimately the repair shop is held liable for the work done/not done if the car passes inspection. I am glad that you found a shop that was able to pass your vehicle, if my repair technician said it needed tires, it needed tires for him to feel comfortable in passing the inspection, maybe another shop felt otherwise.
    I appreciate all the referrals and input -

Enjoy your New Years Everyone -
    Bobby

13. PirateGirl

THREE others actually...

14. mvenito@nc.rr.com

Here's where we'll have to agree to disagree. I would not suggested you needed new tires if I thought the old ones would have passed state inspection guidelines. I don't need a sale of 4 tires that badly and was thinking of the safety of the people in the vehicle. Like I said before I'm glad you found THREE mechanics that felt otherwise.

Take care -
    Bobby

15. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We've used TAG a few times for inspection without problem. This last time I needed to get my car done, they didn't have time. Instead of leaving me high and dry, Bobby sent me down the road to another place, who got me right in. We'll use them again next year.

16. PirateGirl

As I said, just sharing an experience. If we all liked the same place, we'd be killed in a stampede getting there.

17. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We have used Cleveland Auto on Commerce and referred many neighbors and we all have been very satisfied. Great service and fair prices.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That is true but i have to give kudos to Bobby. My first experience was not the greatest but he goes above and beyond to make sure he makes it right. Since then i have had nothing but great honest work done by him at a good price and he always guarantees everything he does and stands by it.:cheers:

19. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

I've had nothing but good experiences with TAG automotive. For me, they have always done a great job, for a reasonable price, and in a very timely manner. The biggest surprise has always been how fast they get the work done. I've gone in a couple of times expecting to leave my truck for a couple of days, and they finished the work on the same day I dropped it off.

20. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Bobby is a man of his word. Tagauto looked and tried to fixed my vent door on my AC. It could not be fixed and when I took it to a dealership in Smithfield he paid for it.