Taking Donations for one of our own...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Jan 4, 2010.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

4042'ers....

One of our own members has lost a family member. PirateGirl's father-in-law passed away suddenly, and without any type of life/burial insurance.

The cost of the funeral was about $4200, and it being paid by just two siblings, who really don't have it.

We raise money for everything around here, and I know that it's right after Christmas and we're all a little tight, but if you can spare $10 or $15 to help them with funeral expenses, they would be very appreciative.

They did not ask me to do this for them. As a matter of fact, they were shocked when I suggested it. I just knew that some of you know her personally and would have sent flowers or condolences had you known, so I thought I'd offer this opportunity to give them a love offering.

You can paypal the money to me at DaisiLou@aol.com, or contact me directly for a mailing address to send a check.

Thank you.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry PG...sending up prayers for the family.

3. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Oh no...so sorry to hear this...I am sending prayers to her and her family

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for peace and comfort for the family.

2010 has not started off too great for a lot of folks. I hope it gets much better.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

hey jen, ck your paypal!

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hey Tassy, ok! LOL

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'll get with ya this weekend - so sorry for PG and her DH:grouphug:

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Thanks, you guys. When Jen called me I was surprised and very humbled. My father-in-laws death came as quite a shock and his kids have had a tough time, as one could expect. I'm extremely thankful for my MIL. She's all we have left. Our relationship was kind of rocky at one point, but thank God we are now close. When my mom was in her final days, my MIL said "Baby, I know I could never take the place of your mom, nor would I ever try, but I will always be here as your second mom." That warmed my heart. Anyway! I've been kind of MIA lately with a lot of issues going on, but love u guys!

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Thank you

My husband and I are very humbled by the generousity of those of you who gave to us as well as the one who organized this. Thank you so much. I have had the priviledge in the past to be able to give to those experiencing loss and I will most definitely do it again in the future to pay it forward. Thank you.