Tattoo Artist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FrameMaMa, Nov 18, 2010.

1. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Ok, I know how some of you feel about tattoos, and so I am sorry ahead of time, but if you are going to criticize please don't, as this is very dear to my heart...

I want to get a new tattoo in the memory of the son that I lost to stillbirth, so I need a careful and caring artist.
    I need recommendations for a good tattoo artist that I can talk to and get ideas...
    I am looking to put this tattoo either on my arm or on my upper back.
    I have some ideas, but I am not a professional, and would like opinions.
    I have two other tattoos that I got from Warlock's in Cary/Raleigh, but I do love to keep my business local.
    Thanks for your opinions my friends...

2. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Glory Days in Clayton on highway 70,:cheers:

3. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

The girl at MonkeyInk is very good. Can't remember her name at the moment.

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Bert @ Glory Days in Clayton...... He has did 3 of my tats and Joseph did my turtle on my foot (which is my favorite) but don't know if he's still there. What ever you do...... DO NOT GO TO KRAZY KATS in Clayton! Just speaking from experience! :)

There is always Southern Sons in Fayetteville. The owner Sturat is awesome! GOOD LUCK!

5. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

I will check into Glory Days and Monkey Ink...

Cost is not that much of an issue, but seeing as this will be on my body forever and it is for my baby Ayden, I want it to be perfect.

Thanks!!8)

6. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

See Tina Gray at Monkey Ink! She does great work! Both my husband and I have several custom tattoos she has done for us.

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I've seen several people mention Monkey Ink with positive reviews, over the years on here. You can probably do a search for old threads and see what ppl have had to say ... but I seem to recall good things said.

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Her name is Tina.

Frame...I had her design a tat for DH, and she did a wonderful job. She'll be doing my next one.

9. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Yes, Tina is who I am referring to. I thought that the tattoo she did for me was excellent! She will be doing another when I get the money together.

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Glory Days - Zack. He just finished designing a memory tat for me. This will be the 3rd one he has designed for me. :)

11. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Tina at Monkey Ink is AMAZING.