Tavern Open House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Dec 10, 2010.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just rode by ODS a little while ago and there is a sign outside saying "Tavern Open House, Sunday 1 - 6pm". Anyone have any inside info on what it is all about - is the bar in the old pool shop opening soon?

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Is the Steeler game gonna be on TV there? :mrgreen:

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

bah......who cares?

:mrgreen:

4. harleygirl

You are asking for a spankin'! :lol:

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

of course he is....:mrgreen:

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

just talked to Satman and he will come on here soon to fill us in on the details:cheers:

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

What up folks.

I have been remodeling the building for the past several months for the new tenant, which will be Carolina Crossroads Country Club, Inc .,a non- profit corporation which will be operating under the name of 'Tavern In The Grove. It is going to be a private club, and will be operated as such under NC ABC laws. We are almost finished with the remodel, and hope folks will excuse the few things we have left to finish, as well as those things we have forgotten to do. I think they plan to open sometime next week.
    Sunday is going to be an Open House for folks to come see what's been done with the place, and membership applications will be available for those that are interested. There will be light refreshments and beverages (adult and other), and is meant to be an informal afternoon to meet new folks and renew old friendships. Hope you all will drop by. I plan to be there most of the time, and I look forward to seeing you all. Please be sure to introduce yourself and let me know who you are (4042 wise).

Before I get flamed, I'm pretty sure the management plans on advertising here.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

actually no flaming, you just responded to questions and thanks so much for letting us know.

9. harleygirl

You gots a TV in there to watch the Steeler game?

If not, both of us will see you after the game.

10. dgsatman

Uh, that's a definite maybe.... :?

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I cannot believe any of this until Blus confirms it... Just sayin'.

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Folks,
    I'll apologize for being out of the loop. Is this the same place that is Terrafins?

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nope, if you look at TerraFin from Hwy 42, the side the bar is on, this is the small building to the left of it. It used to be a pool supply store, and then a little store that sold stuff for outfitting motorcycle riders (i think thats what it was, never went in it). Its between TerraFin and the used car lot.

14. dgsatman

Thanks tassy, When I was talkin' up the place I forgot to give location/address. I forget a lot of things these days. :?

15. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Tavern...

I went by there & met a great group of guys & gals. I believe the place is gonna be a hit.

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Sigh....

I felt like I was home again.

"Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name......and they're always glad you came....."

17. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Got there a little after 5 pm and had fun hanging out. Wish the place great success.

18. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I'm trying to reconcile Country Club with non profit. Please enlighten me, seriously. :)

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We had a great time, saw some good friends and wish much success to this new establishment.

:hurray:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Great seeing everyone, we got there late too, DH had to work but had a lot of fun with good friends:cheers: