Tax Free Weekend

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by gatorg89, Jul 7, 2008.

1. gatorg89

gatorg89 New Member

Just a reminder, the tax free weekend is approaching fast............. the first weekend in August I believe. Happy Shopping!!

2. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Unless you buy big ticket items it's not worth the hassle for me!

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

4. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I agree...It's not worth the hassle of all those people, for my few little school supplies.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yep, not worth the hassle or the crowds. 8)

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

If you have kids going off to college, make sure they get their books this weekend. Textbooks up to $300 are tax free! :lol:

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'll be right in the middle of all that ****. DH wanted me to wait until Friday so he could go too. I. do. not. like. to. shop. ...and we're making it a family event :?

How bad is it? Is it like Black Friday? I don't shop that day either.. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

9. KellBell

its worse than black friday, IMO. Take a shot of whiskey and pop a xanax before departure.8)

10. michelle

and another upon arrival!

11. nsanemom22

Great. :cry:

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

It's been no big whoop for me the past 2 years. :?

I've made it a tradition that's when me and the kiddo go and get his school clothes. Just go and plan to spend time. If you want a quick pop in and pop out, that ain't happenin'.

It's what ya make of it if you ask me.:)

13. nsanemom22

We went. We conquered. I think there were three other shoppers at Kohl's when we went in (at 8am). Burlington Coat Factory was the same. Walmarts was a different story. :ack:

14. KellBell

good job going today!

tomorrow, a different story:ack:

15. browns rule

browns rule Guest

We were lucky in Wal-Mart today. Got in and out quickly with what I needed there for the kiddos. Didn't even have to wait in the checkout line. Went right up and got rung up. Now, it's off to Kohl's by 3pm, that's when the "power deals" start.:)

16. michelle

I KNOW I'm gonna regret it but I promised DD and her best friend that I would take them to Kohl's tonight. Pray for me!

17. KellBell

if you go to the one in Fuquay (which is my Kohl's of choice)....I bet it won't be bad. :p

18. michelle

It really wasn't that bad. We had to wait about 5 minutes to be checked out but they had every register open. We saved over $183. I was happy! I bet tomorrow will be a mad house.

19. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

We went this afternoon after my daughter's drs appointment. We were in Smithfield (had to take care of some things that way anyway) and it wasn't too bad. Know not too many people are fond of the K-mart up there but we went there and then over to Roses. To be honest, glad I didn't go to WalMart. The one in Smithfield, the parking lot was packed and then we went to CICI's for dinner and the parking lot there was packed. Decided where we went was worth going than some of the hassle of some of the other places. DD is using alot of stuff she used last year (some of her binders were still good, her book covers, we had left over paper, etc), so that helped a lot.

20. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

We went to Kohl's Friday morning and had no problems what-so-ever. Shopped without a crowd, only one person in front of us in line, and everything I purchased for all three kids was 70 or 80% off. I saved well over $100. Then I had to take my son to the mall on Sunday afternoon, again, no problems, great deals! I even got myself a Cane's shirt 50% off! Was less crowded than around the holidays and Black Friday for sure! I'm looking forward to doing this again next year!