Tax Free Weekend

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Would anyone now if Window AC units would be covered under the tax free weekend?
    I know computers and clothes and school supplies are but wasn't sure what else was covered.

thanks

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It's only covered if you intend to mount it in the school bus window.

3. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

You covered it with computers, clothing and shoes, and school supplies up to $100 per item.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

5. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Now, fi they do the Energy star tax free weekend this year, thye might be covered then. That is, if they are Energy Star rated. I believe the one last year was in November. Of course, that does not help you with your A/C problem right now. :)

I would think people should be starting to mark down A/C units right about now. hav eyou looked at any of the portable units? You can move them from room to room, and they vent through a window. I've seen some that are not much more than a smallish window unit.

6. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

How are the crowds on tax free weekend? I HATE shopping but I have an upcoming kindergartner so we have to do school shopping. If the crowds aren't too bad we will go, if they are insane like black Friday we are staying home.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Two words of advice: Either take a Xanax before you head out or a machette with you when you go. One of the two is the only way to go shopping this weekend.

Which is why you will find me either working in the yard, sitting at the bar or on the golf course both days this weekend.

BTW....foootball technically starts this Sunday night with the Hall of Fame game.

8. JenJen458

JenJen458 Well-Known Member

Try and go on Friday if you can. I avoid shopping for most of the stuff on Saturday because it is crazy. We usually just go for shoes on Saturday and get the school supplies on Friday morning before the crowds and before it's all gone.

9. Rockyv58

I know I am going to go to JCC early Friday morning to get my books.

10. JenJen458

Be prepared to stand in line for a long time if it's anything like past years. This will be the first day people can charge books against there financial aid and it gets crowed fast. I've gone up there at 8 a few times and there is always a line that wrapped around the hall. This happens for the first few days that people can get there books. Also they only allow like 5 people in at a time, then they lock the door and they wait until most of them are out before letting anyone else in.

11. Rockyv58

I know they open at 8 and i plan on being there by 6:30. I remember how long the line was when I went to put in for summer classes. I figure I wont get out of there till past noon.

12. JenJen458

Yep you're probably right. It's like everyone decides to go buy their books at the same time.

13. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

Are Friday and Saturday the only two days you can charge books against your financial aid? Why do people rush in there on the first weekend if you just need them prior to the first class?

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Where can I get the best price on a laptop this weekend?

15. CraigSPL

While Best Buy will probably have some good deals, I've always seen the best deals at either Staples, Office Depot, or Office Max. I usually get a preview flyer some time each Thursday for the following weeks specials. Once I get it I'll post it here.

16. Rockyv58

I would also check with CompUSA up on capital blvd. And even with Intrex.

17. CraigSPL

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

maybe to get a choice of 'used books'? its tax free? they're worried their book won't be in stock later? My ds waits till the first day of class - just to make sure that they're really gonna use it.

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Spoken like a man who has been there and done that! :cheers:

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Barbara Pelkey
    Raleigh, NC 27603
    USA
    Telephone:E-Mail:Reply to Ad Web Site:

Description
    Selling 12000 BTU window air conditioner. Asking $150.00. Call for details. 919-412-3370

IN the classifieds.