TBT - Back in the WWW Board Days!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Here's a flashback some of you will remember! :cool:

Was playing around with the Wayback Machine Internet Archive - here's a look at the forums back when they first started. We were using WWW Board back then...one page with nested threads/replies.

tbt_forums.png

You can see more of it in the archive here.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Wow, now I feel really old!

Webmaster likes this.
  3. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Looks like we all had some good times back then. It's a shame that the individual threads aren't preserved because I don't remember the content of those old posts very well, but some of the post titles are a hoot (i.e. "BobF is so full of crap!").

Now for some reason, I've suddenly developed a craving for a nice, hot Pizza from Shane's Pizza. He's located right next to Food Lion, doncha know!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Hught and Webmaster like this.
  4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I have a sports forum I go to that's still set up that way. aggravating. Good job updating thru the years, although it would be cool to see a first post.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

is that from the day it was launched? 08/21/01?

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

7. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Actually, the site went live on April 11, 2000. We didn't initially have the forums...they were added several months later.

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I am glad I joined in 2005. LOL

Webmaster likes this.
  9. Rockyv58

I moved out here in May 2000. I remember seeing the signs for it but I can not remember when I initially signed up. Memory just not as good as I wish it was now a days

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Wow i remember that, i moved here in April 2000 and didn't know a soul so as soon as you started the discussion board i jumped on, so glad i did, i have met my best friends in NC through the 4042 board, thanks Webbie for all you do!

BobF, Sherry A. and Hught like this.
  11. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Look at your profile. It indicates when you joined.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually it doesn't necessarily, with the 2004 upgrade everyone had to start over with posts, mine says "Member Since: Feb 13, 2004" yet the WayBack Machine post shows I posted in 2001.

13. Rockyv58

I have changed nicks a couple of times

14. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I recall 4042.com having giveaways for signing up. I won a 'boombox'. Old, 'nuff said.

Hught, kaci and Webmaster like this.
  15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Lol, i remember i actually won the computer they were giving away to people that signed up in the beginning, i was shocked, i never won anything before!

BobF, Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Al and Al's Girl........lol

Sherry

bosoxfan, Wayne Stollings and kaci like this.