Thank you gifts

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, need some ideas for next week. We have a few people coming to help us out on repairing our home & preparing for 3 more coming home. I'd love to say thanks. We're putting the 5 coming from out of town up in a hotel for 2 nights. Some others coming are local neighbors. The kids and I are cooking all the meals for sure. We were also going to write our sincere thanks. Is there something else that would be a nice gesture? Nothing too outlandishly expensive, just something simple maybe. Ideas? Thanks.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I'm probably the last person you should consult about etiquette (...I'm not sure I can even spell it!) but maybe a banquet-style meal at the conclusion of your project, along with some -short- expressions of thanks (think wedding reception) would show them how grateful you are for their help?

In addition, how about commerative T-shirts as a (gag) gift? "I helped Abdulina rebuild her home and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!?!"...I told you I wasn't very good at this!

3. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Maybe you could include a gift card in the Thank You cards that you send. Something like a 10.00 gift card to Starbucks, Cold Stone Creamery, Dunkin doughnuts, etc...

4. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

gift idea

what about a picture of everyone (you and your kids with the folks helping) put in a frame with a note on the back thanking them. That way there will be a story to tell for everyone involved.

(This is so wonderful of you to bring 3 more home, and for those who are helping you!!! You and your husband are wonderful people!!!)

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Hey, I LOVE these ideas! BTW, I think the t-shirt idea is right up their alley. LOL. Giftcards in the thank yous & then the picture idea would all be wonderful. See, just needed an external brain to help me out. You all are great. Thanks. Hey, it's next weekend if you all want to grab a hammer. Kidding. I have a feeling it may be the hottest weekend yet so this should get interesting. Thanks again for all the ideas and will definitely be using some of them.

Stephanie--mom to 7

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You could also get a picture of the whole gang and project (or projects) when done and then put them in a frame with a wide framing mat around it. Then with a nice marker or calligraphy pen write "thank you" or something similar at the top, and then have everyone in your family sign their names or write a nice note on the mat around the picture.

I have a picture like this from a "significant #" birthday party. Its one of my favorite baby pictures (8x10 size), wide framing mat around it, in calligraphy across the top it says Happy Birthday, and then everyone who was at the surprise party signed it as they came in before I got there. I love it!