That bloodcurdling scream you may have just heard

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

was mine. Sitting here typing along and a black snake crawled across the top of the recliner in which I was sitting. I guess the amount of moisture propelled it to look for dry places, and it must have come in. Needless to say, I tried (and failed) to capture it to remove it, and the cocker spaniel is going ape poop crazy. The seat may have to be professionally cleaned. The underroos are beyond salvage, I fear. I'm afraid to look.
    I gotta have some better luck soon.

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I'm crying right now! :lol:

I would have **** my pants too!

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

YIKES! :shock:

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh... I just got a mental picture of that happening! :ack: :lol:

I would be scared poopless also if that happened. You will look at this later on and laugh. You now have me checking under the furniture!

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

OMG--where is the snake now? I have a cocker spaniel and she would have thought it was a new friend to play with!

6. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

As would mine!

7. Hatteras6

I banished the dog upstairs. Snake and I are in the downstairs bar/Lambeau South. I know where I am. I've looked (okay..glanced hurredley behind things, and moving them at light speed, jumping at every glass that falls, or bottle that tinkles with sound, when I try to relo stuff to prove that it's not where I looked.

OK, so how do I entice it to leave. The hairs on my neck and legs stillhaven;t receded from the position of attention..

And, C6 is at class today..and I'm really hoping I can remove it before I have to tell her he's here, when she gets home. She'l never step foot in the basement again. All that likker, and no one to share it.

forgive my typo's and grammar stuff. I've got a serious cae of the "huzzzzzzzzs"

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I don't think "here snakey snakey" will work. But if it's a black snake at least you won't have a mouse problem!

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:ack::ack:

<HEEBIE JEEBIES>

Shoot it! :lol:

10. Hatteras6

OK, picture me (ex Army decorated vet) trying to draw a tight shot group on some harmelss snake, missing it completely, smell of gunpwder all in the bar and house, bullte holes in the two TVs, the bar mirror, and (God Forbid) the Wii...and then to explain I still missed the darned thing...(self picture as Iron Mike in front of Fort Bragg, C6's picture is of Don Knotts of the Shakiest Gun in the West..)

BTW, "Here snakey, snakey" didn't work. Nor did the scent of Fruit of the Loom filtered flatulence.

With my luck, it was so scared it's decided to take a nap..yet here I am on patrol between posts.

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Oh God, Hat just put the damn house up for sale and move on. That's exactly what I would do.

If a snake had gotten that close to me I would be six feet under right now.

I have the heebies just reading it.

Seriously, just grab your laptop and keys and get out. Go to Lowe's and buy a for sale sign and stick it in the yard and go rough it out at the Hampton Inn till the house sells.

It knows you are looking for it so it is hiding somewhere you will never find it!

Go, save yourself, get out while you can . . . RUN don't walk!!!!

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

holy moley! dang Hat....where you gonna sleep tonight? out in the RV?:jester:

13. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Cut your loses! Just burn the house down. :lol:

14. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

:iagree: Yes, I would probably have to be institutionalized from the trauma.

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

LMAO Michelle!!! :lol:

Hat grab a broom (with a long handle) and sweep it out the side door.
    :ack::ack::ack:

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

girl, you aint right in the head!! LOL!!

17. Hatteras6

I'm mentally inventorying the stuff I have to run out with..wedding photo's, Favre/Marino autographed football for breaking TD record, Dog, NEW drawers...and then I draw a blank by being sucked into the heebee jeebie loop.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

got get a mouse to lure it out:lol: seriously, i would just run out and wait till DH got home before tackling catching it. Or you could call Tassy or Craig to come help ya out.

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Maybe it's IN the recliner waiting on you to sit back down . . .

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's just a snake! Need me to come over and get 'em for ya?? LOL. I got one off my front porch a few years ago............no biggie!!! :lol: