The Batchelor 2011

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PoohBear, Feb 15, 2011.

1. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Anyone watching the show? Down to final 4. Hometown visits next Monday.
    Brad Womack is a jerk!

2. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

Glad Michelle is voted off, it took him long enough to figure her out:? There is something about Brad that gets on my nerves, he just doesn't seem real.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yeah - I think Michelle was psycho - very scary, seemed very controlling, glad to see her go!

He gets on my nerves too - I don't like the way he talks - its like he stops his words abruptly or something...it just seems weird to me. You'd think since he's from Texas, he'd have more a southern drawl, where the words flow....:confused:

Not sure who I want to see 'win'. I think Emily seems very sweet, but she needs to tone-down the Dolly Parton hair color.

Michelle is supposed to be on Ellen this afternoon, I've got it set to dvr. I want to see if she acts as creepy on there as they made her out to be on the show. :lol:

4. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

The Batchelor spoilers say final two will be:
    Chantal O'Brien: 28, Mercer Island, WA. Chantal is the daughter of Mike O'Brien, a former Seattle Seahawk and owner of the O'Brien Auto Group chain in the Pacific Northwest. She works as her dad's assistant at the corporate office and is divorced. She was married in 2005 and divorced in 2009. Chantal O'Brien's ex-husband Jason Vena is the lead singer of the musical group Acceptance.

Emily Maynard: 24, Charlotte, North Carolina. Mother of a 5 year old daughter, Ricki. The father of her daughter is Ricky Hendrick, of the well known Hendricks Motor Sports in NASCAR. Ricky died in plane crash in 2004. Five days after he died, Emily found out she was pregnant with Ricky's child. They were never married. She's also dated Dale Earnhardt Jr.

I bet he gives final rose to Chantal. He is a gold digger!

5. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Do you know this man personally? I watch the show, and I would have never deduced that from what I've seen. I agree that he is a little corny and his way of speaking is awkward, but that's about as far as it goes. I don't think anyone can honestly judge the man based on what producers of a show have chosen to show you. Where does the gold digger thing come from? Did I miss something on the show?

On another note, I like Emily, but her personality doesn't seem to be as fun-spirited as some of the other girl when she is with Brad. Again though, that is just what the producers show you. I think he and Chantal O. seem to be more in sync with one another personality-wise. I am just glad to not have to listen to Michelle any longer. She drove me crazy! If anyone watched Ellen, was she any more normal on there?

6. bandmom

I don't think he's a gold digger. When he was on before, he had several businesses, so I think he's quite successful on his own.

Ellen show: Michelle didn't seem quite as creepy. She claimed that most of the comments they showed were edited (no surprise there) and mostly they were her attempt to be funny. She also said that she and Brad did talk before she left that night, they just didn't show it. And that she was just ready to get home to her daughter, thats why she wasn't talking in the limo.
    Ellen kept commenting on how creepy she seemed, and she said, 'I still think you're a little creepy, just not as bad as they made you out to be'. :lol:

Also, they both said they think he ends up w/ Emily.

7. bandmom

So, he picked Emily!
    After last night, it looks like a rocky relationship. But I was thinking since he'd been to therapy before - maybe the two of them should try some therapy. It certainly looked like they love each other - but have some 'relationship and trust' issues to work out.

Did anybody else watch last night? :allears:

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I watched it. I'm glad Brad and Emily didn't try to pretend that everything was great, but I don't know that their relationship will make it. I'd be surprised to see her willing to relocate to TX as well, and I think she is a bit scared or guarded about Brad's temper. It was good to see Trista and Ryan again and how happy and well adjusted they are.

9. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I have never thought emily seemed to be in the relationship with both feet. Even last night, she seemed so hesitant about everything. No commitment in her words. He seems to really want to be in a serious, committed relationship with her. They also never really answered the question as to why she didn't have the ring on. He said something about it being sized, but that is mighty convenient. They definitely have some chemistry and connection, but he just seems to want it a lot more than her. I don't see that working for them.

I also wonder why she didn't think about moving to texas from the beginning. He was very up front about wanting his life to be in texas. She even talked to his family about it at one point and seemed fine with moving.

It's kind of sad that chantal was so head over heals for him. Emily didn't seem all in like Chantal did. That being said, you definitely can't pick who you fall in love with. I thought Chantal made some good points last night, though.

10. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Aside from the obvious that no one in the real world would want to date a man who is also dating 15 + other women, I think what happened is Emily was more confident about their relationship during the taping but when she watched it on TV and saw him tell other women the same things he told her, it was hard to deal with. I say go for it you can handle that kind of thing, but if not, don't audition to be on the show! :lol:

11. bandmom

as a side note - I did like Emily's hair 'makeover', looked much more age appropriate. :lol:

12. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Yes, it looked way too "playboy bunnyish" bleached on the show. She is a beautiful girl.