The perfect avatar...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Jun 14, 2010.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I was looking for a new avatar but couldn't decide on what the theme should be, probably something to do with the kids, or maybe summer.

This Sunday will be three years since I lost my Mom and I have been having a hard time with that, I guess since Mother's Day. When she died and for several months after that, I had my hands full with one thing after another. I don't think I had time to grieve then, but, it has finally caught up with me.
    Anyway, I thought maybe I could make an avatar for her; she loved daisies. So, I searched for a daisy picture. I came across this one..she loved daisies and she also loved the rain. Couldn't have found a more perfect one!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I"m so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug:
    I think the avatar is very pretty.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Very nice tribute to her.

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

pretty! is it a painting? do you know anything about the artist. i think that kind of stuff is interesting. i also think learning about symbolism is interesting too.

English Daisy Symbolism

English Daisy symbolizes innocence, loyal love and gentleness.

English Daisy is also a symbol of rebirth. In the middle ages English Daisies were used to decorate graves of the newly parted. Daisies are still being laid on graves today.

English Daisy is known in the Catholic Culture as "Mary's Flower of God" possibly due to it's symbol of innocence. Some may say the English Daisy could also be Her flower of God because of the symbol of rebirth as Her Son was reborn.

Pagan lore says that the English Daisy is the fairies flower.

Alternatively, they also provide protection against fairies.

Also, due to their packed petals, daisies offer protection against hysteria. If you hang pictures of daisies in your home it is believed that you may be able to create calmness.

English Daisy Dream Lore

To dream of daisies in the spring means good luck. To dream of daisies in autumn is a bad omen.

Luck of the English Daisy?

English Daisy as a lucky charm if you were to step on the first blossom of the year.

db's wife

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

DB's wife:
    Thanks for all the information..it was very nice of you to post that! I never thought to look up anything about daisies..just always knew they were Mom's favorite. The flowers on her casket were a blanket of wild daisies with a few red roses placed throughout. I must say it was one of the prettiest blankets I had ever seen.

Last year I made myself a charm bracelet with two bumblebees for my sons, two ladybugs for my girls and a daisy for Mom. Those things seem to go together so well and it made a very pretty set!

As far as the picture, I was just did a Google search for "daisy photographs" and when I saw it , I knew it was the one!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. :grouphug:

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

(((2not 2))) I'm sorry