The 'Science' of QUALITY in business! TOYOTA

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Salvation, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Salvation

Salvation Well-Known Member

http://kandaservicesgroup.blogspot.com/2010/01/science-of-quality-in-business-toyota.html

.........At work last week, one of our VP’s sent out a weekly ‘internal operations’ update. In this update he mentioned the latest ‘quality issue’ that has arisen within Toyota. (the gas pedals that stick) He mentioned the issues and pulled a few comparisons out that might apply to our company as well as other companies. I had been following Toyota since the late 1990’s and writing articles about the Japanese automakers for several publications. So needless to say, his mention of the most recent Toyota episodes aroused my interest.

His email started quite a bit of debate among the folks at our business. Many people replied with various opinions and feedback. I read an article just this morning that mentioned the fact that Toyota has recently engaged in cost cutting initiatives and that these initiatives have caused easily noticed deficiencies within their automotive lines. The article mentioned the differences in the RAV4 line which at first appears to be ‘more value for the money’ but after closer observation .............