this can't just be happening to me...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Feb 5, 2013.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Ok, I've got trees that I need quoted for removal. I tried getting them quoted last fall, the guy never showed. Called a different guy two weeks ago (Bobby Anderson), and he came out. Called "the TREE MAN" for a second quote. He was a no show. Who else should I call? Who's actually gonna show?

(and this isn't just about the trees, i've called lawyers, painters, etc for services and hardly anyone calls back or comes for quotes. What gives?)

2. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

I've heard the same from one of my neighbors. 3 contractors quoted and never showed up to do the jobs. I don't get it.

3. sirputz

they won't even show up for the quote! It's not like tax season won't pay for it!!!!

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

They're too busy to work.......They're all collecting unemployment. :)

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I have worked with David Herman of Herman's Tree Service before. 919-796-8873. Not sure if he still does it, but when he does he was good.

6. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

:iagree: We have used him twice over the past two years and he had the best service and the best price. The first job was removing 5 huge gum trees and the second was cutting down one tree which we removed. Both times David showed up on time, took care of my yard, and was very good to deal with. He also advertises here, I think?

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Lawyers and painters aren't very good at tree removal.

I hope this helps.

8. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Don't feel alone, I just went through the same type of thing trying to get a TV repaired. Finally just wound up buying a new one.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

David Herman. He's done a great job for us at least twice.

10. riverbankbum

riverbankbum Member

cutting trees

How close to your house are these trees and about how tall? Are you wanting stumps removed or grinding down? I may be able to help you. I cleared my entire yard of about 30 trees most of them 50 to 60 feet tall.
    Thanks
    Jeff

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Are they hardwood trees? If so my husband would be glad to cut them and remove them for you.

12. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

13. sirputz

thanks for all the info, I'll contact Hermans for a quote. Contacted Tommy Hicks earlier, haven't checked to see if he got back to me yet.

They are all Pine trees, one is a double (split trunk) pine, (12-15"dia.), 3 single pines (8-12" dia.) and 3 VERY large pines, at least 60 feet high and close to 2 foot diameter. Also have one Oak I'd like trimmed up.

And they are all close enough to the house to make me nervous about doing
    it myself....that and I don't have the right equipment.

14. sirputz

always gotta be the smart one huh? :jester:

15. sirputz

ok called Hicks, no response (unlike what was promised on their website and voice mail). Contacted Herman's again.... We'll see what happens.

Why is it no one wants to get some money in their pockets!!! I'm just about ready to say forget it all and I'll keep the dang trees!

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Call John Buchanan 919-965-3232 Town & Country Tree Service, Selma.

17. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Yup. No shows for local bids so the $18,000+ job went to Durham.

The pros will drive to get their operating cash in this economy. I just figure they lost that scrap of paper with the telephone number.

18. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Tree Services are swamped right now. I know because my dad, uncles, cousins, brother and husband are all tree guys in Raleigh and in JoCo! They can't get to all the calls. Usually the winter is slow, but not so much this year.

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Was going to say Thee Tree Man... but saw what you said. Maybe there's a difference between Thee and The. Our guy did a great job relatively cheap. Next time we want trees removed we are going to call him.

20. sirputz

what's his number, maybe there is a difference. it's a moot point now, i'm over it and ready to buy me a new TV instead of taking out trees!