Those flying things in the kitchen!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Nov 10, 2011.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Someone posted about having bug things flying around in their kitchen. I have them! I also have plenty of potatoes, sweet potatoes and onions to choose from Are they coming from those? I have to cook with the stove light off so they aren't attracted. I killed two this morning (fast little ****s aren't' they!) They are about to bug the hell out if me. Kind of like fruit fly cousins. How did you get them out??? They are driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just one or two... or three...or four.. here or there... but they are killing my patience! I hope they have a short life span cause I can't catch them. .. Really... What did you do??

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

put apple cider vinegar and a little bit of oil in a bowl and cover up with little holes and they will fly right in there. That is the safest way, and I use it cause I can't use other stuff cause I have birds in my home.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I think they come from the drains. They are a pest and I noticed a few in the house tonight.

4. nsanemom22

I've got my bowl trap out!

5. nsanemom22

Oh my Lord I think I went in there too soon! I bet there were 8 or 9 of those things around that bowl when I just went in there!! There are three inside but i think my holes are too big...maybe. I can't wait to see what that thing looks like in the morning!!

6. nsanemom22

There's a bunch on and in it now. There are two... One is helping the other because he's overcome by fumes ...that or they're doin the nasty. :jester:

7. 27577

27577 Guest

take a pic and i will tell you what they are. more than likely they are fruit flies or indian meal moths.