Time to put up the local business calendars!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Holding Oil just filled up my tank, and the driver had a stack of their annual calendars to hand out to customers!

I always look forward to getting it and usually get a 2nd calendar from Bright Funeral Home.

Of course, all the 4042 "youngsters" (under 40) probably don't mess with traditional calendars with all the electronics we have at our disposal now! ;-)

This is "old school" stuff!

Back in the day, my Granny always had one of those huge Presidential calendars hanging up.

Banks used to give out calendars, too. I've got a huge 1st Citizens one from the 70's hanging up.

All the local mechanics used to have some nice calendars from the tool reps that featured some very lovely ladies! :)

btw, I noticed there's a NEW MOON on New Year's Day! How cool and appropriate!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I love those also! I didn't get one yet for 2014 :?

And yes, New Moon & New Years = very cool!!!!

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I have mine, too...not sure which local business it came from, though. My father-in-law has picked them up from different places around town to make sure we all had one. (I picked the agriculture one since my son works on a farm after classes and on weekends!) Lovely scenery...

My favorite one, though comes from Wood Pharmacy here in Benson. Theirs is printed on a heavy paper instead of the slick, shiny stuff. Writing appts. or reminders on it is great since it won't smear!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  4. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

Do you remember the cloth calendars??
    My grandmother always got one of those every year and then she would turn the old cloth calendar into dusting rags.
    More "old school" memories !!

5. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Woo hoo! Went by and got my 2016 calendars from Holding Oil and Bright Funeral Home! Both have some good-looking pics this year especially Bright Funeral Home. I always look forward to getting my calendars!!

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I am afraid to ask what pictures are featured on Bright Funeral Home...yikes! A c-c-c- coffin? Nothing like a paper calendar on the frig and next to the desk. I got a calendar from Aldi's this year and another from Oceana Naval Air Station up in Virginia. I haven't seen a cloth calendar in years, but spotted one in Dollar General yesterdsy...brought back memories! Happy New Year all!

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Used to get a magazine called Sunnyville and Casket at my college, the school also taught Mortuary students, and remember one cover with guys canoeing in a coffin!

HidesinOBX likes this.
  8. Romeo

Romeo Active Member

I've found a few free calendars around the area in late 2015. Didn't find any last year (2014).

9. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

last year was 2015. just saying! have you found a 2016?