Time Warner brilliant

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cynadon, Aug 20, 2015.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was working in a field beside the road. TWC was working so I stopped to see what was happening. They replaced the in ground battery backup with an above ground cabinet. He gave me the lid from the in ground box and a huge capacitor which I have a use for. They left 6 big batteries underground and put the cabinet on top. Installed the batteries and rewired everything with new connections. I asked why he left the old batteries in the ground. He said it won't his job. Another crew will come back for the old ones. So, if true, another crew will undo what he spent an hour fixing to retrieve 6 batteries. I said I would get them out if I could have them but he said it was another crews job.

If my employees did something like that, well, they wouldn't do it again after a good cussing.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

That is What you call "Teamwork" !!!! Not!!! People will not go the extra mile,they get paid to do A job and nothing more!!! Seems to be a trend..... but more companies are cross-training their employees and not paying more $$$ for the extra knowledge and work involved............. So.... I agree with the TWC guy, and I Don't Agree with the TWC guy!!!

3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

What ?!! It would take 2 minutes to pick up 6 batteries.

poppin cork likes this.
  4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

This is exactly one of the reasons it costs consumers too much.

Sherry

poppin cork and Rockyv58 like this.
  5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the joke "how many government workers does it take to dig a whole?, 6 - 1 to dig the hole and 5 to stand there watching"

jlc007 and Sherry A. like this.
  6. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Reminds me a lot of Comcast. We cancelled our cable TV at our old house and weeks went by without it being shut off. I kept calling and they kept saying it would be shut off. We got a new neighbor next door and when the Comcast guy was out turning on their cable, I explained the situation and said that since he was already working in the box, it would be great if he would shut off our cable (I was afraid Comcast would try to charge us). He told me that Comcast uses independent contractors in our (old) area. He gets paid $150 to come out and turn on my neighbor's cable, but to turn ours off he'd only get $5. But to get that $5, Comcast will make him fill out and submit a bunch of paperwork, which was too much of a hassle for $5. 3 years later we still had free cable.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member